• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Norwegian Sky Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

TERRIBLE experience; probably never cruise again following this.

Review for Norwegian Sky to the Bahamas
ashworthing
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin:

I just returned this evening from a 4 night cruise out of Miami to several stops in the Bahamas. This was my first cruise and I read a TON of reviews and prepared for the exciting get away. Note - I did go on this cruise over spring break, fully understanding there would be college spring breakers on board. What I was NOT informed of was that this cruise was actually marketed as a "College Cruise 2016". The cruise line nor my travel agent did not inform me of this although I specifically asked. There were over 900 18-23 year olds participating in this marketed cruise to which there was vomit, long lines, lack of respect and complete mayhem at all turns.

I am 37 and love a good time, but this was Cancun circa 1996 on steroids. Kids were arrested at ports, taken off by cops, held in the "jail" on the 2nd floor for drugs...and I could go on and on and on. On top of this, the recent renovation of the Sky in 2013 had me hopeful for a relaxing experience.

The food was beyond acceptable (only one restaurant was open ONE day for lunch aside from the sub-par buffet). We ate at the premium restaurants 3 of the 4 nights to hedge our bets of the young clientele upon boarding of the ship. The food was at best, 3 stars. Steak house Cagney's was actually decent. The ship was not taken care of, rooms catastrophically small and the staff unapologetic for the long lines and spring break craziness. The only pool (adults only included) was so tiny even no room for lounging with nice loungers as expected. I even found myself envious of the Carnival docked next door with all of the activities it seemed on board. Would have gladly taken a gaggle of 3 years olds over the mess we just experienced.

Port Reviews

Great Stirrup Cay

The entire beach looked like a spring break from the 90's. SO GLAD we didn't ask my brother, his wife and 4 year old nephew to come. It would have scarred him for life

Find a Norwegian Sky Cruise from $279