3. Celebrity Constellation
Never before have a been such a wide variety of age groups on any cruise line or ship before. One great thing were the college age kids who were on Spring break, (most major college's in the U.S.A start spring break in March), I-- being a product of the movie, "Animal House" and the college age of the 80's and a 18 year old legal age remember a more wild and rambunctious Spring break spent in Florida and The Padre Islands on the beach and for a total cost for a week on the beach including the bus ride from Wisconsin was a mere $400.00 dollars. The College kids on the Constellation were cool cats and mostly in there mid 20's. They were well behaved and really added a lot of life and energy to not only the pool area but the main dinning hall as they girls were wonderfully outfitted with Celebrity's new, 'Chic," look. One of the interesting observations was the lack of children on the ship. I would surmise that most parents were waiting for there little ones to get out of public school before beginning their school breaks. The Constellation was by far one of the most well maintained ships I have even been on. I'm not talking the rooms but the actual, exterior, balcony's, and general areas. If you sail this ship you will have the opportunity to tell the offers your own opinion as the crew was available on more than one occasions and as Constellation is a "small" ship in todays standards you may bump into fellow passengers from time to time. We were in cabin 6114 on the promenade deck, it was your standard cabin that look like it was decorated in the 80's so I cant really complain now can I? Always book on the promenade deck of any ship and on any fleet. The luxury suites are located on this deck in most cases and so are the best housekeeper--and least chance of getting an obstructed view from your balcony, well almost. Food, oh, everybody wants to hear about the food, and the booze. Fact is if you like your libations, GET THE UPGRADES beverage package-period, you can walk around with a Hendricks gin with a cucumber slice in it and a bottle of Pierre water if you like, all included in your package. This package also includes your specialty coffees, wines in the main dinning room, and specialty drinks-why deny yourself life's simple pleasures! The buffet served decent sushi at around 4pm everyday with a large variety, and mist so soup. Never saw that before. Main dinning room was up to speed. Service was top notch and consistent with cruise ship dinning. The food also was varied and well prepared. I have only nice things to say about the main dinning room. I feel the two specialty restaurants on board were awkward in the sense the food in them was in fact the same food you could get in the main dinning room but of course for a price. The dishes had been renamed, and of course reshaped, but regardless they were the same cut of steak, the same desert and the same pork and cuts of fish. If you want an romantic/intimate setting yes, this will be your juiciest night as the atmosphere is pleasant and a change from the main dinning room-the food though not. If your still onboard I have a few things to say about the shipboard entertainment, well on actually. There were two shows put on by the staff. like watching STAR WARS for the first time and viewing the chemistry of Harrison Ford and Carrie fisher-pure magic. I had to ponder if they actors on the Constellation knows this themselves. to see for yourself several young people preforming a act and doing it with such chemistry made me slightly jealous and reminded me of my younger years and when I myself was part of something much larger than ourselves. Finally we come to the end of my review of the cruise ship Celebrity Constellation. Yes, don't hesitate to get on this ship. She is fun, smooth, and noteworthy, (did I mention I won $400.00 dollars in the casino?) could have used that money in the 80's. The Constellation will satisfy if you have or have not cruised before--she doesn't disappoint only you can do that on a cruise. My one last piece of wisdom. "Don't believe all the negative cruise reviews you read about." Good sailings!

Spring Break 2016