3. Norwegian Jewel
The Norwegian Jewel is a wonderful ship. Lots of great meeting places including the Martini bar, the Fizz lounge and the Atrium Java bar. The entertainment was excellent especially loved the show band and Randon. I did not enjoy the Garden Cafe. It was very busy and noisy and you could not find a seat at peak times. We enjoyed the Tsars restaurant for breakfast and dinner. I don't enjoy anytime dinning but we did manage to find a wonderful waiter named David from Jamaica who waited on us every night. He definitely made our dining experience something special. Our group tried La Cucina as well as Modernos and to be honest it wasn't worth the extra money. All of the staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful throughout our trip. I loved that the senior staff all attended our Cruise Critic Meet & Greet. It really made the experience special. The store on the ship was disappointing. There were some sales on the pool deck during the day but really limited selectio if you were looking for gifts to take home. There are daily BBQs poolside over the lunch hour that are very good. We had the drink package which I enjoyed. It does include most drinks but I was disappointed that it did not include bottled water or the specialty coffees. You can order an Irish coffe thou which I enjoyed. Saving of lounge chairs was also a major issue. There are limited loungers and many guests reserved some in the sun and another set in the shade. I know this is a problem on almost every ship but it just seemed to be worse here as there weren't that many areas with loungers. The spinnaker lounge was great and I enjoyed the entertainment here. Don't miss the bridge viewing area on deck 11 forward port side lots of great memorabilia and a chance to watch the Captain in action. Overall a nice ship and a great itinerary.

Panama Canal Transit

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Zen88

Zen88’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 11580
Loved the cabin. Lots of great storage. Plenty of room. Location couldn't have been better. Close to mid ship elevator and could run up to the pool bar or a quick snack any time.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins