3. Carnival Freedom
Embarkation We arrived at the gate around 11:30 but had to wait in line in what seemed like a warehouse. The lines moved very slowly. Upon check in we were not able to put a limit on our kids sail and sign cards, we were told we had to do this at the guest service desk once on board. They were also unable to punch a whole in the cards for the kids to attach to their lanyards. Once we got on board the line up at guest services was ridiculously long so we proceeded to the buffet lunch which was not very good.

Decor My first impression of the ship was that it's decor was very tacky and loud. I'm all for fun but tiger striped walls is a bit over the top. The ceilings in the upper level posh dining room are ridiculously low. I felt almost claustrophobic. In the gym the windows are very low also so the view is not very good.

Kids Club The boys went to a few events and had fun but the 12 to 14 year old club has no lounge of their own. They move from place to place depending on whatspace is available. They were given a paper with the weeks events at the start of the week. We were expecting nightly invitations on their beds like on RC but his didn't happen.

Cabin We loved our cabin and cabin steward Randy. We had enough room for the 4 of us. My only complaint was that there was no speaker in the room so we would have to run and open the door to hear any announcements. There was also no radio or clock.

Food I was not at all impressed with the dining room food. I found the talapia and chicken very dried out. I was not thrilled with any meal. The buffets were filled with high fat and salt foods. The fresh fruit in the morning was only wedges of melon(tasteless) and whole fruit (apples,oranges and banana) We expected a fruit salad combo with pineapple and strawberries.

Service My husband came down with a bad cold near the end of the trip. I was up near the buffet and asked for orange juice to bring down to him. Since it was after breakfast time I was told that I would have to call room service. The staff would not get it for me.(not impressed)

Overall I don't think I will book with Carnival again. I know I paid less than RC but the differences were night and day. I will gladly pay the extra. When teenage boys notice a difference it is very apparent.

Nice cruise but I've had better

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Vmar

Vmar’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 13 to 15

Balcony
Cabin 8C 7368
Great room for 4, very quiet, balcony is too tight. The one chair reclines so there is no room to put your feet.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins