3. Magellan
I'm a seasoned cruiser and surprised even myself on the last day of the cruise when asked "which is the best cruise you have been on?" I replied "this one". The reason is simple. The itinerary. Not only did were we lucky enough to see one of the best showings of the Northern Lights, we received a free cabin upgrade, fabulous weather, had brilliant table guests at dinner, saw a whale swim alongside in the North Atlantic and we won the bingo! Topped off with a superb price, decent (though not amazing) food, enjoyable entertainment, lovely attentive staff and a spacious and immaculately kept cabin. This cruise is about value for money. You don't need a huge, fancy, glitzy ship when you are not going to be on board the whole time. The trips organised by Cruise & Maritime were superb. You always pay more when booking on board but I think it's worth every penny. Much less hassle and excellent guides. The Orkneys was our surprise of the trip, absolutely incredible history at Skara Brae. DO NOT MISS IT!!! Thanks to CMV and all their staff for a brilliant holiday.

Really could not fault it.

Magellan Cruise Review by MCR4BORO

MCR4BORO’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

Lowest deck (4) but very littl roll in the cabin, nice big picture window, good size, immaculately clean.