Britannia Cruise Review

Holiday of a Lifetime

Britannia Cruise Review by abbinski

• Sail Date: Feb 2016
  • Destination: the Caribbean

My wife and I are 54 years old, this, was our first cruise. Never cruising before we have nothing to compare it against. However, we did read the mixed reviews beforehand.

We made a pledge not to pay any attention to the moaners. Additionally, we were not going to play the I paid this and that, for my cruise game.

Our first impressions of the Brittania. Well, we both looked open mouthed at this humungous, beautiful ship, docked in wonderful Barbados. For some odd reason we both burst out laughing. Both of us were so excited we just couldn't wait to get on board.

Embarking was such a pleasure, your cases are taken straight onto the ship from the plane. Once we landed we were in our cabin in no time at all, what a joy.

It took us a few days to find our way around the ship, but, enjoyed exploring and finding interesting parts as we went.

The staff are from Asia - they are all supremely well trained, attentive and friendly. The best we have encountered anywhere.

The food is fantastic - fine dining at it's best. We paid and additional fee's for the Sindhu, the Limelight Club and the Beach house. These restaurants were great but, how do you improve on food in the normal restaurants, when there food is pretty much near perfection. Just one simple example of this, is the eggs - just how did they cook them to perfection everyday for so many people? beats me.

The Atrium was our favourite part of the ship we also enjoyed the Sunset bar.

The ship offers something for everyone, fun filled packed days or just lazy days. Be it by a busy or quite pool. We chose the quiet Serenity pool.

My wife never had a problem obtaining a lounger - P&0 have noted this as a problem in the past and appealed to it's customers not hog loungers. This seemed to work.

We didn't do many of the shows at night - we enjoyed our balcony, t.v. and early nights I'm afraid the day time activities left us shattered at night. However, we did attend all four of the formal evenings, the Caribbean night and the Casino. The Casino staff are brilliant teaching my wife how to lose my money - no really, they were great. The Caribbean and formal nights were fab.

The cabin was quite luxurious I think, we loved the balcony and tea making facility.

I have never ever slept so well. The bed is super comfortable.

We only have some minor critiques - I would estimate about 98% of people dressed appropriately during the formal evenings. It irritated me and many others, that, a few of the non conforming merchants did not dress accordingly. A number of scruff bags were turned away at the Crows nest and Glass house bars. However, a few did elude the P&O officers staged around the ship.

Our other critique is nothing to with the ship but, with a few of middle England's rudest people. One elderly gentleman threw his serviette down on the dining table in disgust. All because his favourite wine was not in stock- shocking and slightly amusing.

Another example of bad behaviour we didn't like was a huge heffa-lump of a woman from Manchester, blocking the lounger isles with her lounger preventing the disabled and infirm getting past. Her excuse was "I just have to be in the sun - horrendous behaviour, she had no shame.

The day's onshore were fun filled sunny beach days. We particularly enjoyed St Maartin, St Kitts and Grenada.

We will definitely cruise on the Brittania again. My wife I actually felt quiet proud to be travelling on such a fantastic ship.

It is for all these for reasons above that my wife and I say our time cruising on the Brittania around the Caribbean s contributed to our holiday of a lifetime

abbinski's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Outside balcony G715

Luxurious cabin, super comfortable bed, nice bathroom - excellent t.v and tea making facility

Beach