3. Legend of the Seas
Being our first ever cruise, I had no idea HOW I would occupy 9 days - There was happily no problem however, as the provision of a good variety of entertainment was excellent, along with exceptional service from Alexander Gahol (housekeeping for our room number 6630) and our waiter for table 31 in the Romeo & Juliet restaurant, 'Elford'; ALL staff aboard were very pleasant, but these 2 guys did exceptionally well with their friendliness and hospitality! Our stateroom was much larger than I’d anticipated, and left nothing to be desired (except the LONG walk to and from the nearest elevator, given that we were right at the stern) My only minor complaints are: Air conditioning in most parts of the ship were too warm (21'C would have greatly improved this!) to the point of being uncomfortable (HOT) I found. Also the temperatures seemed to vary quite a lot from area to area, but I do understand that this is difficult to avoid with a ship having doors opening and closing all the time. The elevators seemed like there was no air-conditioning at all in them, and others agreed about this. The no smoking policy from private balconies is a little tough on smokers, given how far a walk it is to the nearest smoking area. 99% of all resorts / accommodation we have travelled to world-wide, allow smoking from the balcony. A noteworthy point too, is that people’s drinking glasses left around the smoking areas did not seem to be collected by staff very often, and this could easily be an injury waiting to happen. Royal Caribbean WEBSITE is greatly inaccurate in many ways - Information on the site (i.e., cost of on-board internet) is vastly incorrect (States $35 per 15 minutes; whereas on-board it is actually $20 per day). ON that topic, I tried several times to create an account for internet access and was not once able to. I felt a little disappointed at the last 3 days of the cruise, just very slowly returning to Brisbane from New Caledonia; surely we could have overnighted at one or two of the ports, i.e., Vanuatu or Noumea, making it then possible to undertake a full island tour etc. Failing that; a circuit around the islands or even a slow journey circling or stopping at nearby Fiji would have greatly improved the content of the cruise. Disembarkation at such an early time whilst on holidays, were a bit of a shock also, when compared to normal check-out times of motels etc. On the positive side; The hand sterilizing stations found at all locations of the ship, are a great idea and I have no doubt that this vastly contributes to infection control, which many people are justifiably concerned with on ships in recent years. I would and shall HIGHLY recommend Royal Caribbean to all of my contacts without hesitation. Speaking to many passengers, they all said that this is the best cruise line they have experienced out of the many (in most cases) that they have cruised with. I will definitely look at the Royal Caribbean option first, when choosing our next voyage, which hopefully won’t be too long from now! The cruise really taught me that, it was more about the JOURNEY, than the destination. We both thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

AWESOME! 'Its about the journey, not the destination'

Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by smackc4

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

My only minor complaints are:

On the positive side;

We both thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
smackc4’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas price drops

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D1 6630

Very spacious - on a par with or bigger than some of the 'studio' rooms we've had at motels in various parts of the world
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins