• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

CalCarl
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Feb 2016
Cabin: Club Veranda Stateroom

This was our second Azamara cruise, last year we were on the Quest. This year we were looking for and booked a relaxing cruise which we picked up in Costa Rica and disembarked in San Pedro. As we live in Southern California, we had a low hassle commute to and from the ship. I wasn't expecting much in port calls and wasn't disappointed.

Embarkation in Caldera was not well organized, but doable. Our veranda stateroom was familiar as we have traveled on Oceania's comparable "R" ships. Dining in the main dining room and our three ventures in the specialty restaurants were good. My wife used the fitness center daily and she found it very satisfactory. I enjoyed the on board hosted bridge and trivial pursue activities. Entertainment was good, but I don't expect much in the way of formal entertainment on ships that are of this small.

We were not aboard for the initial leg of the cruise from Miami and therefore didn't experience the "ship wasn't ready to go" comments mentioned by other reviewers. As with our previous Azamara trip, service was excellent and the staff was very friendly. "White Night" and "AzAmazing Evening" were real pluses. We are not wine connoisseurs and therefore enjoyed Azamara's standard spirits being included amenities. I expect that we'll continue to enjoy Azamara offerings.

Club Veranda Stateroom