• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

TheRedWiner
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2016
Cabin:
Enrico, the fabulous piano bar pianist/singer
Lori, the Blackjack Dealer, my wife and Zoltan, the chief Bartender.
Caviar by the sea.
Lincken, one of our waiters.
Gabriel, the waiter who should be doing comedy, kept everyone laughing.
Our Cabin
The Captain introducing his crew
Enrico doing his day job
While visiting Tortola we decided against the three hour tour

I am a veteran of many cruises, from Atlantic crossings on the old Italian Line, to the Home Line, to Celebrity and Royal Caribbean ships, including the Oasis of the Sea. I have brought my children and grandchildren on cruise vacations. I have traveled with groups and with just my wife. We enjoy cruising. This was the first time on a small ship for my wife and me. We traveled with a group of 23 from our Wine Making School. The experience was quite a difference from the larger ships. Mostly good but with a few drawbacks.

We embarked from Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. The embarking process was unbelievably simple. We dropped off our luggage about 2 hours prior to boarding time. When we returned, we found no long lines and endless forms to consume an hour or more. Upon presentation of our boarding documents and passports we were ushered into the Grand Salon Lounge for a cocktail party. As we talked and met people, we were called, several families at a time, into the "registration room"/Concierge area, where a friendly staff quickly processed our information, took our photos for sea passes, and had us escorted to our staterooms by a stewardess with our baggage. Painless!

The cabins were first class. They were large, modern and comfortable. As an "all-inclusive," the room bar was available and well stocked. The mandatory Life Boat drill was handled quickly and efficiently. Taking a little time to become familiar with the ship, we were very pleased with the obvious luxury of the appointments and the pride the crew and staff took in maintaining everything and providing excellent service.

Cabin Deck 4 Stateroom

Rowena, our cabin stewardess, was exceptional. She couldn't do enough for us.

Port Reviews