3. Ruby Princess
Another great Princess cruise! Top marks as always on Princess food, service, decor, ship amenaties, and cleanliness. Best things: This 10-day itinerary was appealing because of the stops in less frequented ports of La Paz and Loreto. - La Paz, Mexico. This stop is ideal for swimmers and snorkelers but there's not much to do in the town itself. Book an excusion this day. It will be well worth it. February is whale shark time and the rest of the year is great to visit the very friendly local sealion colonies. - Loreto, Mexico. Everyone commented on how friendly, accessible, and clean this remote town was. The pedestiran-only main street was lovely, salespeople didn't bother you in stores, there was music and dancing put on in the town square, and cafés serving $1 cervesas and $3 margherittas. This is a great stop that should be offered on more itineraries. - New beds! Princess is unveiling new beds across the fleet and the Ruby has hers. They have luxurious pillow tops and are 1000% more comfortable than their old beds. Worst things: - Puerto Vallarta. This port was disappointing. Even though the boardwalk was obviously new, it's just the same bars and stores as every other port. So after 30 mins of wandering, you've seen it all. Bad rip-tides meant we couldn't spend the day swimming at the beach and there's not much else to do unless you want to shop at WalMart or Sams Club. - On-board EFFE store saleslady who didn't know what she was talking about. Let me just say, for all the free prize draws this store put on to get people inside (at least one per day), if you didn't go to the draws, you'd never know the store was there. So that was fine. But I DID go (cause I like sparkly things!) and this one saleslady hovered around me every time I walked in. And eveytime I asked her a questions about a piece she gave an answer that I knew was WRONG. She just didn't know what she was talking about. I hope no one buys jewellery based on her advice. Some things to consider: - Because this cruise left on a Monday, a 10-day cruise required two full weeks vacation time. As a result, the demographics on this cruise was much older than average - even for Princess. We didn't mind (mid-30's), but some of the younger people complained that the entire boat seemed asleep by 10pm. - Climate. This is a personal preference, but this part of Mexico was a little too arrid (desert) for my taste. There were often dust clouds in the port towns.

10-day Mexican Riviera was everything we have come to expect from Princess.

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by TeamShames

TeamShames’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IA B204
Good basic standard cabin. Very front of the ship, so if you suffer from seasickness this is not a good choice.

Near a door to hallway leading to officers quarters further aft.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins