Avalon Siem Reap Cruise Review

What a pampered adventure!

Avalon Siem Reap Cruise Review by hjklmnop

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: Asia River

This was my first cruise ever. I had no idea what to expect from a ship that would cruise on the river. The Avalon Siem Reap was an excellent surprise. The boat is quite new and is tastefully done with lots of dark wood and bright open spaces. The rooms were surprisingly big with lovely bathrooms and comfortable beds. Every room had an exterior wall of windows with a sliding glass door.

But the real treasure here was the amazing crew. They were gregarious, funny, efficient and attentive. They took time to get to know each of us and shared information about their lives and their countries. It added so much to the trip.

The food was amazing and plentiful with a wide variety of Asian and western items available. But really, you have to eat the Asian food, it was so delicious.

The pace of the activities was good. At first I thought their might be more free time that was necessary but due to the extreme heat I understood that they did not want to overtax us. The extra time to nap and relax was welcome.

The tour director and tour guides were professional and extremely competent. I am amazed at everything the tour director organized and managed. The tour guides did an amazing job of getting us where we needed to go when we needed to be there. Their English was excellent and their attitudes welcoming.

All in all this was so much more than I expected it to be.

hjklmnop's Full Rating Summary