Voyager Cruise Review

I would avoid this company at all costs.

Voyager Cruise Review by kaz66

• Sail Date: Jan 2016
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America

I would avoid this company at all costs, I chose it because I wanted to see the panama canal and I had travelled quite a lot with their sister companies travelsphere and just you and always had a wonderful holiday. However this company just provided one disappointment after another from start to finish.

I spent a good 30 minutes discussing my requirements with the tour operator to begin with stressing that I did not want to leave from one airport and return to another. When I got my confirmation through that is exactly what I was doing (maybe this should have given me foresight into what was to come). I rang the company and told them I wanted to cancel and they managed to put it right.

For me the whole point of picking and paying for my trips in advance of travelling is that I can sit back and enjoy my holiday - not so with this company. I paid for a 55 minute horse and carriage ride which was a miss-print and it was actually 35 minutes, we had to share with another couple and unfortunately we were traveling backwards so didn't actually get to see what the guide was talking about. On another trip one of the highlights was a skegway experience, again another miss-print there was no skegway experience. On another trip it was advertised at a catermeran that actually turned out to be a ferry, every day a piece of paper came through our door explaining one of these at a time and each day I was queuing at the shore excursion desk. One of the trips were cancelled due to an active volcano, not the companies fault I know but I would have thought they could have opened the shore excursion desk for longer as it affected so many people.

My relaxing day at sea turned out to be me constantly looking at my watch waiting for 10:00 and then queuing at the desk to sort out another trip. By the time I got back to the room they had put yet another piece of paper under the door about changes to yet another trip so there I was again having to wait until 4 o'clock when the desk opened up again. My lasting memory was at the airport to come home. There were 2 queues, unbeknown to us one queue had 3 people looking after it and the other had 1. So after 45 minutes of queuing and getting nowhere people started to complain and they finally sorted it out so both queues were moving.

I will say our cabin was lovely and kept clean and tidy. The food was outstanding and the crew could not do enough for you, it was just spoilt by this companies disorganisation and paperwork errors.

The other disappointment was that I would say 98% of the people on this cruise were retired, with 95% being over 70. Me and my partner had both turned 50 and I think the travel company should have warned us of the age group as apparently all their cruises are the same age group.

kaz66's Full Rating Summary

Cabin standard inside 33something

Pretty big as cabins go. It was kept clean and tidy at all times. Nice shower and comfy bed. The only downside was there was only one plug point.

kaz66