3. Coral Expeditions II
My cruise on board 'Coral Expeditions 11" gave me some of the most magical moments of my life - and at age 71, widely traveled and with many years at ownership level in the hospitality, retail and commercial boating industry, I do not say this lightly. The whole experience was a product of the most amazing synergy of crew professionalism and relaxed, true, caring camaraderie. The itinerary could not be faulted - a wondrous combination of snorkeling and diving over some of the best reefs on Earth; excursions to Cooktown, Orpheus, Lizard and Fitzroy Islands; and above all, the informed flexibility of the crew who maximised every opportunity to gain the utmost from the weather and tide conditions with an eye always to the comfort and interests of their passengers. I was unashamedly self indulgent in that I gloried in the luxury and space of a deluxe state room but at no stage did I hear of any dissatisfaction from any of the other passengers who enjoyed other levels of cabin accommodation. The food and service? Absolutely beyond criticism. It is nearly 3 weeks now since I disembarked in Cairns and not a day goes by that I do not reminisce on so many separate and sublime occasions of my time on board and ashore. Foremost in my memories is most definitely the expertise, friendliness and caring shown by the crew. We were always kept totally informed via the communication direct to our cabin - a marvelous touch! For sure there are many other ways to see and enjoy our magnificent Great Barrier Reef but to be privileged to be one of the guests aboard "Coral Expedition 11" is something I do not take lightly. I thank you all. Yasmin - our magnificent Purser - I owe you a humble apology. In addition to giving us your cheery voice coming into our cabins and your professional service at meal times, you also were responsible for the wonderful "Coral Seas News" which appeared on our bed at night. I left the cruise with my only, very slight criticism that we were not given more historical or geographical information. I'm sorry! My brain was "out to lunch" on board - far too relaxed and if I had had a brain operating it would have been lonely! Only on arrival home when I stapled together all these newsletters as a keepsake did I realise that you had given SO much information on the reverse of the sheets! So - just a hint so that others as clueless or as relaxed as I was: mark the sheet "PTO" or something similar. To all the crew: Bec (your knowledge, friendliness and patience was unparalleled), Lex, Charlie, Sharlene (you have a wonderful 'people person' gift!), Roberto the maestro in the galley - and to you others who completed such a professional and friendly crew - I thank you. I am already looking at cruises with Coral Expeditions to Asia, Tasmania and the Northern Territory. But perhaps I just might also repeat this very same cruise to the Great Barrier Reef! I could not give high enough recommendations and praise to the company and crew of "Coral Expeditions 11".

7 Night Great Barrier Reef Cruise

Coral Expeditions II Cruise Review by bonnylyn

The food and service? Absolutely beyond criticism.

bonnylyn’s Full Rating Summary
Get Coral Expeditions II price drops

Superb in every way! Storage room was exceptional and far in excess of my needs. Brilliantly serviced twice daily. The clock/information centre beside the bed was an added and exceptional bonus. Loved the writing desk! The double bed was exceedingly comfortable and the ensuite roomy and very comfortable.