3. Anthem of the Seas
After sailing on Quantum of the Seas in 2014, I wanted to try Anthem. I was anticipating this ship and all of its beauty. The ship itself was beautiful and very clean! After a few weeks of bad seas and bad press for Norovirus, I wasn't sure what to expect but the ship was indeed very clean. I noticed that it seemed to rock quite a bit, but it could have been because we were going very slowly, 12 knots, and I think the stabilizers might have been off. And we didn't go to Halifax as we were supposed to, but went south instead for safety which was fine. It just would have been nice if the Captain told us instead of letting us guess or see on the television that we had a change in direction. Now the reason I rated it average was for a few things, the food was no better than cafeteria food and service was terrible. The exception was Jamie Oliver's, a specialty restaurant, that was fantastic and we had eaten in on Quantum as well. Just great! The Grande where we ate one night was good too and service there was wonderful as opposed to American Icon where it was horrendous! Our room steward too was wonderful though. For a weekend cruise, I was not expecting towel animals which we got. He also brought us ice which was great. We mentioned it once and he brought it everyday without us asking again. Technically, it's supposed to be from room service. The shows were interesting. Spectra Cafe was different and good and We Will Rock You had some excellent singers. The show itself would have been better if they just sang the Queen songs and didn't have a lame story around them. The singers were very good though. The game shows with Abe Hughes the CD were very good too. The best feature of the ship is the Solarium and indoor pool. Just a wonderful space that I would love to see on all ships. All in all, would I go on the Anthem again, I don't think so. Too many negatives and not enough incentive for me.

Anthem Weekend Cruise

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by baseballalways

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: Nowhere

baseballalways’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Well laid out and comfortable!
  Anthem of the Seas Deck Plans