3. Anthem of the Seas
After all the hype about this ship I couldn't wait to get on it. I watched videos of it all the time. I don't know if a longer cruise would have given me a better impression or not. I feel like I was gypped. Too many people trying to do the same thing in a short time so you missed a lot. I took my 16 year old grand daughter on this cruise. They didn't get my reservation for North Star & had no more openings so we couldn't do that. I really wanted to do it. Didn't care about Ifly. They changed my reservation for We Will Rock You to a time that interfered with my dining reservation. I had to change it to an afternoon show. They changed Spectra's to a different day than I had reserved also. I wasn't even notified of the changes. I read about people's reservations being changed so I checked mine & found out they were changed too. My grand daughter wanted to do the bumper cars. It was a 1 1/2-2 hour wait for a 3 minute ride! We didn't wait. Another thing we didn't get to do. The only seats we could find for Spectra were in the last row off to the side. I don't understand why the lights were so dim for this show. With that & our seats being so far away, you couldn't really see that great. It was a pretty good show though. I think the design of this room was poorly done. Went 1/2 hour early for We Will Rock You to get a good seat. I did enjoy it although the character of Galileo was a bit annoying at times. Trying to get a seat at the Music Hall was impossible. Three times we went, 3 times there were no seats. Not even a place to stand & watch. The juggler was amazing and very funny. One of my favorite things on a cruise is a Caribbean band. It was in the planner but never saw them. I like line dancing too. None of that either. What's a cruise without the Electric Slide, the Wobble etc? Couldn't find a seat to play Trivia either. They even ran out of forms to write your answers on. We ate at Grande. It was good but not hot. No waiters entertaining you on this ship. Miss that! Had breakfast & lunch either at Windjammer or Solarium Bistro. The scrambled eggs were awful. I believe they are powdered. They use that on a lot of the ships now. Had real bacon one day, after that it was turkey bacon. On the last night we had steak at the Solarium Bistro for dinner. It was good & it was hot. Wish I had tried dinner there before. Tried the infamous roast beef sandwich at 270. It was tough and had a lot of gristle. The self serve ice cream was closed down. The ice cream at the Windjammer had no taste to it. Waits for drinks and elevators were very long. The cabin was small but it had plenty of room to store clothes. Bed was comfortable. There was an engine type noise in the room constantly but I was able to get to sleep even with it. The Virtual balcony wasn't very clear. It looked like there was no sun out but when you got up on deck it was sunny. Pool was too cold for me but my grand daughter loved it. They weren't crowded either. Hot tubs were great. Was disappointed in the Royal shop. Nothing much in there. I was looking to replace some T shirts I bought on another RC ship but they didn't have them. That is the only shop I went in. Couldn't afford the other ones. Staff was good except for one gentleman at the service desk. I went two more times after that & had really good polite service with a young Asian girl. My cabin steward Eniko Brown was the best steward I ever had. Very pleasant, always greeted you, asked how your day was going & if she saw you coming she would open your door for you. She did a great job on the cabin too. Getting on and off the ship was a breeze but it took about 45 minutes to drive down the street to the terminal! Leaving the terminal there was no traffic. Not really impressed by this ship. I won't return again. I think Explorer of the Seas was much prettier, food was better & Leigh the cruise director was great. Too bad it's gone. I will not do a 3 night cruise again on any line.

Not what I thought it would be.

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by lem4

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: Nowhere

The juggler was amazing and very funny.

Waits for drinks and elevators were very long.

I will not do a 3 night cruise again on any line.
lem4’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Cabin was small but had plenty of storage space. Bed was very comfortable. Couldn't really tell what the weather was on the virtual balcony. It looked like there was no sun but when I got up to the open decks, it was sunny.
  Anthem of the Seas Deck Plans