3. Norwegian Spirit
Let me start my review by stating that I love cruising. My cruise line of preference is NCL. I have been on 14 cruises, 7 of which have been on NCL. This was my 1st trip on the Spirit. What a disappointment. The ship is old, the oldest of the fleet and it shows. Overall the service on the ship was less than expected. If we were fortunate enough to get service or assistance it seemed to be offered as an imposition, especially in the dining facilities. In particular, we were eating a snack in the Blue Lagoon and I asked for a soda water and presented my card as I had purchased the soda beverage package. The waiter actually had the gall to tell me to go next door to the bar and get my own drink. I was shocked! Needless to say, I did not accept this plan and I insisted he go get me my drink which he reluctantly did. The food was not up to the usual standards of NCL. It was rather inconsistent throughout the ship. The Windows was good with good wait staff but the food not great, however, The Garden View had excellent food but lousy wait staff. As for the specialty dining, again very inconsistent. Cagney's and Teppanyaki were very good but the Italian and Shogun were horrible. Overall, this was my least favorite cruise ever, mostly due to the ship and the lack of good quality service. I will be cruising on this same ship in April so I will do another review after that trip.

Unhappy Sailor