3. Wind Surf
Just returned from a week on the Wind Surf--my first WINDSTAR cruise. Overall, a really great experience. My cabin--128--was comfortable and well appointed. The bathroom was a surprise--plenty of counter space and outstanding water pressure in the shower. The cabin was clean--my room steward Eri kept it well serviced. Boarding was pretty efficient--no long lines anywhere. I was traveling with friends and we were all checked in in about 10 minutes. Our itinerary was the Yachtsman's Caribbean. It was perfect--a different island every day! We only did one ship excursion--the Baths at Virgin Gorda. In every other port we found cab drivers to take us to a local beach. Less expensive than excursions and since we were really looking for R&R it was the best way to go. Spent a lot of time sunning and swimming. Re: the Baths excursion--we were really glad that we did it--truly amazing site--but very disappointed in the lack of a guide to take us through the boulders. It is not an easy trek--and we (and lots of others) got lost. Heard that someone in another group had a panic attack. So, to classify this as a "moderate" activity was very misleading. The common areas on the ship were great--always found a place to sit and relax--even o the sea day. We enjoyed cocktail hour at Compass Rose--though a few more tables there would be a good addition. Entertainment was weak. The duo in Compass Rose had the most depressing play list--it became a running joke--what memorial service song will they play next? The band in the lounge did their best, but they were just a tad too corny to really engage the passengers. That said, a highlight of the week was the crew show--that gets a "10" for sure! The crew was very pleasant and I have no complaints there. They work hard--all of them. Food--this is why this isn't a 5 star review. The food was fine, but not great. We ate at Candles our first night and that was just OK--disappointing. The main dining room was better. But the menu seemed stagnant and boring. My last cruise was Oceania so perhaps my expectations were too high. This wouldn't keep me from sailing WINDSTAR again--I definitely would--but with different expectations. Spa--worth every penny I spent there! The acupuncturist was amazing! Fixed a shoulder pain I'd had for months! My massage was excellent too. Water platform--we had access on two days only due to weather. It was really fun to swim off the back of the boat, but those currents are no joke. When they have it closed, it's for a reason. Other passengers--wonderful people! Everyone was friendly and pleasant and easy to be around. We made some great friends (and met several groups who had met on prior WINDSTAR cruises). Would I sail them again--absolutely! When you consider the itineraries, price and service, they offer a great value. Final note--do not book their airport transfer--much cheaper to take a cab

Excellent Caribbean Cruise on Windstar!

Wind Surf Cruise Review by Twocoasts

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

Final note--do not book their airport transfer--much cheaper to take a cab
Twocoasts’s Full Rating Summary