3. Carnival Valor
72 yo female taking a third cruise on Carnival. Had not been on Carnival in years. First two cruises were 4 days Drove to PC that morning as I only live approx. 35 mins away. Parked in near by cruise parking business. Valor did show signs of wear and rust noted at exterior points and definitely our balcony. I had misplaced my glasses and looked under my bed for them. The rug under there was all torn up and made me uncomfortable thinking about loose carpet fibers being breathed in. The cabin size was sufficient for two but for three, I don't know, unless you are real real close. I enjoyed the shows. I do remember enjoying the shows on my other Carnival cruises,too I saw at least 6 comedy shows which were all good.They switched out the comedians during the Cruise. The lead male show singer was not very good but, all the others did a good job. Service in the main dining room was good some days and slow on others. Enjoyed conversing with table mates while waiting between courses, what else could you do. Ate in buffet for breakfast and lunch. Noted that most staff do not interact with passengers. I know they are busy pushing drinks or busing table but, I think a lot of passengers like to chit chat and know something about the staff. I have often tipped buffet staff at the end of a cruise when I enjoyed talking with them. I took a ship excursion at each port. I am more comfortable at this time with knowing I won't be left by the ship. Of the four excursions, I felt I only got my moneys worth in P Rico. The others left you with plenty of time for shopping. Like I came all that way just to shop. Maybe my next cruise I might gain enough courage to venture to an outside vendor. I know it sure would save a whole lot of money. I usually do self disembark but, decided to follow Carnival's disembarkation procedure. Will go back to self disembark as too much time and confusion noted. Once I learned the layout of the ship, I was comfortable getting around more freely. Noted that food was back of ship and entertainment was at front of ship and the 5th floor was the main corridor to get anywhere. I didn't like the fact that they had a "mardigra" party one night that lasted exactly an hour, the same thing with the deck party. People were just getting warmed up and poof, It was over. What's up with that. I would go on The Valor again with the right itinerary and pricing. I did enjoy the cruise and have been on worse so, I will give it a grade of 7.

We Made It A Good Time

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Ladyinflight

Ladyinflight’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D 9261
The cabin was enough for two people but, more than that would be too tight. Under the bed by the window the carpet is torn and spilling fibers.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins