3. Celebrity Reflection
Just got back from a BTB. Great Cruise. This is our 6th time on Celebrity. First week was Concierge Class - we've travelled C-Class before - it's didn't cost us much more and I wouldn't pay much of a premium for CC - the robes and shower are nice but don't see any other perks for us besides that. It wasn't busy so we have regular check in. We don't eat 3 apples every morning and the Canapés are not great - so we asked them to stop bringing them after 1st day. Champagne is ok but we're more wine drinkers so the bottle is still in the fridge. The ride to Puerto Rico was a bit rough but once there it was smooth sailing. First night in dining room we were in the back with the servers and service was slow. We asked to be moved to the dining room for the rest of the week. That ended up being a disaster (too long a story to write) so we ate at speciality dining when possible. Lawn Club Grill - Great. Q-Sine - great (make sure your hungry before you go). Tuscan Grill - Best Filet Mignon I've ever had. The service from the bartenders were great - favorite bar is the Ensemble Lounge and Passport Bar. We upgraded to Premium Package (would highly recommend) All those people work very hard - the pool bar and Sunset are a little slower than the rest but no complaints - they try hard to keep people happy. Our Cabin Steward (Harry) was awesome. Again - these guys work very hard and will do anything to please. Anything we asked for they would accommodate. I can't say enough about the service you get on Celebrity - other than the issue we had in the dining room our week was amazing. Would highly recommend Week 2 we went Aqua - first time - won't be our last and that's because of one word - BLU. We love that restaurant. Wasn't sure we would because my husband is a big meat and potatoes guy but the food and service is 6 star. It will be hard to not book Aqua again (especially with our main dining room experience on week 1). The food, atmosphere and service is the best - we had a few reservations with speciality restaurants but cancelled them after our first night at BLU. Again - great Cabin Steward. Only negative and maybe not Celebrities fault but the cabin next door had a child who didn't wake up crying at 6am he work up screaming on the top of his lungs- when that kid got up so did we and not by choice - this topped with the fact the parents put his dirty diaper outside the cabin door for us to smell every time we went to our room was just bad manners in my opinion. I'm not opposed to children and have a certain amount of tolerance but having bad cabin neighbors is just bad manners and this family was not considerate to the other people around them. One of the reasons we travel Celebrity is because it's more of an adult cruise line. If this were to happen again I would be at customers relations on day 1 but we kept thinking things would get better - they didn't they got worse but too late into the cruise by the time we were really fed up with it. I did complain to Customer Relations. When you pay thousands of dollars to be on a cruise having bad neighbors shouldn't be something you have to tolerate. The ports were all great - we'd do them again and travel Celebrity Reflection again for sure. I can't say enough about the crew that work on this ship - they're so accommodating. One other thing is the House Band - Blind Vinyl were awesome - the girl that sings has a great voice and her tribute to Adele night was amazing - the bonus of BTB is knowing this so we made sure we caught all her performances when we could. All the live music was good. The shows we saw were ok but my husband is not big into shows so we only saw a few. Great trip - back to reality til next year we hope. We're Canadians and with the high dollar coupled with the increased cruise pricing Celebrity, may put next years holidays at and All Inclusive resort instead - Hopefully our dollar and pricing will be back in line by 2018.

Celebrity Reflection BTB - Carribean - East and West Feb 20th - March 5th 2016

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by goughbooth

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean
Just got back from a BTB. Great Cruise. This is our 6th time on Celebrity.

goughbooth’s Full Rating Summary