3. Norwegian Jade
This was our first cruise, I took my mom ( who is 79 and needs a wheelchair or scooter to get around) - and I was disappointed and also some things were great. However, more disappointed than great. Customer service needs a lot of help....even a little bit goes a long way. RUDE and not helpful AT ALL. ******* Beware I am going to write a novel ************** Check in was amazing - however, once one the ship - we were not EVEN greeted coming on board and we didn't stand in line....we didn't know where to go. Not even a HI. We made our reservations for the upgrade in dining and the lady/girl was EXTREMELY rude!! I asked some questions, because I didn't know what I was doing and she acted like it was putting her out to do her job. Found our stateroom, and Paul who was in charge of our room - knew our names and greeted us...he was AWESOME....Kudo's to PAUL all week long, he went above and beyond for us and he made this cruise better than it would have been with out him. We were suppose to keep our scooter in the room but if we brought it in you could use the bathroom at all without backing the scooter out into the hall way, and it barely fit as it was....very inconvenient. We found out on day 4 they have a charging station on deck 11 and they would come get it. So, when we called the first night - AGAIN the customer service DESK was freaking rude. they did come get it. We heard all these wonderful things about cruising, and expected to be pampered and have all this excellent service, yeah....ok. The SPA went above and beyond....I would do it everyday!! The service was above meeting your needs, customer service made you feel special and like you were the only one on the ship. Can't say enough about the spa, customer service desk on the main deck needs to go take some lessons from them on how to treat clients. We had the dining upgrade for our package here is the breakdown: * Pacific Main dinging was the best experience of the cruise - and it was free - not part of the upgrade package. I had the best risotto of my life, and the Cornish Game hen was baked to perfection!! Our waiter was spot on, and awesome - seriously the single best meal I've had in a VERY LONG TIME...and I entertain a lot of clients from other countries due to my job. My mom's meal was no exception - perfection! Congrats this was a grand slam and what we were looking forward too on this cruise. We had breakfast here too, and it was just as good.....hands down the best place on the ship. * Jasmine Garden - the worst meal we had on the ship. Seriously, I was very disappointed. The bright spot...the dumplings both steamed and fried were the highlight of the meal. My noodle soup came out basically cold. Mom's sweet and sour pork was luke warm at best. the fried rice was so oily we didn't eat it. The shrimp were so over cooked, we didn't finish the meal. We left and went to the Garden Café to eat. Worst meal we had on the ship by far. The table was dirty, asked for a cleaner glass for my mom. Icky from start to end. * Upgraded Specialty first one was the Brazilian Steak/BBQ - my mom loved it - never had anything like it before, she LOVED it. Tried all the different types of meat, she enjoyed herself. I've eaten at Brazilian before this one as slightly above average, I thought the buffet could have been better, it was pretty generic. The meal was good, and I enjoyed it. * Upgraded Specialty 2 - Italian - excellent food and service! The wine suggestion was spot on and it was a great experience by both of us. Service food, and cleanliness were great. The tiramisu was to DIE for....loved it. * Upgraded Specialty 3 - Cagney's steakhouse - beside the horribly rude customer service - they must have been working at Cagney's the night we ate there....hostess never ONCE acknowledged us, and had reservations and waited 30 minutes - because people kept walking up and she would help them and ignored us- I finally stopped a man in a suit who seated us. I was ticked off - BAD. Our dinner took over 2 hrs, our waiter was horrible - I honestly think he forgot about us. The we got our steaks, ICE cold....we sent them back. 30 min. later came out again, and the potatoes were cold. The butter was still hard, and the potato was COLD. The 3rd time - they actually brought me a steak cooked correctly, hot and it was the wrong steak. I ate it. All over the ship this was the "THE place" to eat...I wouldn't go back there at all - had better steaks at my local diners. Not to mention the absolute rudeness of everyone at Cagney's. * Upgrade Specialty 4 - French - this is almost a tie between the Pacifica and Le Bistro - the was absolutely the best food and atmosphere and it was second by a nose only to Pacifica. it would have won the meal battle, but my scallops came out luke warm at best, and our service was VERY slow, and if tried to ask him something he would just say he'd be back and keep going.....it took forever to get waited on....however, the food was to die for, perfection the escargot, scallops, cornets...all of it was spot on....LOVED it. The casino is below average - however the poker tables were Tons of fun, we had a set of regulars that played and we had fun...the house rake was ridiculous, the dealers Marcus, Vaso, and Viktor make it a ton of fun. I didn't meet anyone who won any money in the casino at all. $25 Pia Gow? Really? Team Trivia was a blast and so was the family insanity. Bingo was fun, but it was way to expensive for the 1-3 games you play - it's a racket for sure and the payout....what they keep 50% or more? Mom loved it so, OK. it was fun, but expensive. We had a family in the room next to ours with 2 kids, who cried and screamed and threw tantrums all freaking day and night! the dad was screaming at them and they would cry louder, and 1 time locked him out side on the balcony. The one time made him go in the hall way which he ran up and down at 2 am screaming and crying. Couldn't get any sleep. Cozemul was awesome, and mom had a wonderful time - she had never been out of the country....it was wonderful. NOW - this is probably the part which bothers me the most about the trip - I called NCL direct and must have said a thousand times, Mom was special needs we had to have a scooter to go anywhere. Over and over I made this statement, and we bought an ADA accessible room - everything! Over and over told them we were first time cruisers we didn't know all the questions to ask..... or what to expect. Belize and Honduras - mom never got to go ashore, because they have tender boats. NO pier docking!! So if you have a scooter or WC - most people didn't get to go visit because they were allowed on the tender boats due to weight limits and other liabilities....so for 2/3 rd of our cruise mom couldn't get off the ship and ENJOY and EXPERIENCE the parts we PAID for....NO where did it state we would use Tenders!! we didn't know to ask! Don't you think when booking and stating over and over about needing special needs and scooters someone should have said she wouldn't be able to get off in the ports? To me this is extremely poor customer service. It should have been brought to our attention, so we could check our options. I am 50/50 if I will cruise again...but if I do, it won't be on Norwegian - EVER.

First Time Cruiser

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by RedstreakN

******* Beware I am going to write a novel **************

We had the dining upgrade for our package here is the breakdown:

RedstreakN’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 9642
The cabin was awesome, they are small, but Paul our steward who took care of our stateroom during the cruise was awesome!!! Kudo's Paul....what a wonderful job you did taking care of us.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins