3. Legend of the Seas
First time cruisers with 7 year old boy. Arrived at Port, Portside parking made for an easy start. Baggage, check in, customs ect was much easier than expected, lots of people around! We had a junior suite so went straight to a suite counter, all very friendly. We had read many reviews just before we left which weren't that positive, so we were totally surprised to see how amazing the boat was when we got onboard. There are so many staff it's too easy to get around and they are really eager to help which was great for us being new to it. With about 1830 people and 800 staff, the service in my opinion was impeccable. We sailed out in a major swell condition and were pretty concerned but it only lasted about a day but that was a worry we had which was unfounded. After you get out into the ocean it's normally smooth sailing. Our cabin was 8070 and was under the beauty salon so we had no noise at all. We had some light vibration from the engines? When going full steam but not a problem 90 percent of the time. Cabin was definitely big enough for the three of us, balcony was great, very wide with chairs and a table. Very quiet and were able to fully block light out for any midday snooze time. Had MyTime dining which we used 7 out of 9 nights, food was very nice, staff were all over it, we used two different tables so got different waiters, all were excellent. The maitre de was amazing, he remembered us from the first night and helped us out the whole time when we wanted to change dining times ect. Our son lived in the kids club, may need to be said that on our cruise there were only 40 kids tops, all ages. Apparently the next cruise had 600! So not sure if this can be checked before time? Kids club would be a busy place I'm sure if that were the case, our son had heaps of attention and I would rate their kids club highly in relation to other resorts we have visited. We loved that there was no x box ect. There were more of an older crowd on our cruise but there were enough younger people so it suited us, we were in it for the relax factor. The ports or places visited were all good in my opinion, a few we have visited previously but so much better to see them by boat. All beautiful blue water locations, my only negative is that the cruise Should put emphasis on protecting any coral reefs as I saw some people walking on coral which upset me a bit. Plenty of shows, comedy, juggling, cabaret, had trouble getting to them all, good movies too. Chefs table states an "intimate" dining experience which we thought was for the two of us but it is with about ten people, the best deal I think is to get the all three dining experience package which would have been better. Alcohol package was hard to justify as drinks were reasonably priced onboard, I think cocktails were 10us and beers were 5.50us so make your own choice there, I had the package and it worked for me.... Nice air conditioned bar on the top deck overlooking ocean. Plenty of places to go, exploring to do. Just a quick thanks to Tedi who cleaned up our room each day, also making cool animal towels for the bed, awesome. The disembarkation was easy. Got a bus back to the car, we forgot a suit bag and were concerned about retrieving it but it took a few minutes. People will say that the boat is old, I'm aware it's not the pride of the fleet, there are a few imperfect things an older boats age will show, but we were very surprised at the quality of the carpets, decor and furniture ect. In summary, we had a ball and this won't be our last cruise by a long shot, thanks Royal Caribbean and staff.

Had a ball!

Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by Gdub888

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

We had a junior suite so went straight to a suite counter, all very friendly.

With about 1830 people and 800 staff, the service in my opinion was impeccable.

We loved that there was no x box ect.

Gdub888’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin JS 8070
Reviews we read said no room for suitcases, there was heaps under the bed, and in the cupboard, we had empty drawers ect left over.
Fridge wasn't very cold but we didn't need to really use it.
Bed was comfy enough, our son had a lounge that pulled out which was nearly as big as ours.
As mentioned, the vibration was a bit at first, we heard others closer to the rear had it a bit worse but again, I think it was really only on the first and last day when going at full steam.
Rooms were cleaned (really) well.
Shower had new tap ware and was all in good order in the bathroom.
Tv had lots of promotional stuff, also funny onboard channel, two different movies daily, kids channels ect.
Note, we had the wifi package, it was pretty patchy so would probably just pay at the Internet cafe next time.
Balcony had heaps of room, you could have 4 or 5 people over for drinks easily if you wanted.
Aircon worked well.
There was a smell one day but we think they were polishing all the brass close to the stairs near our room, no big deal.
All in all, I think this would be a good room to get considering the chance of noise above in other areas, I.e pool ect, if you wanted quiet time in the day.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins