3. Explorer of the Seas
After reading many negative reviews I was a little nervous about my upcoming cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. I've previously sailed on the Carnival Spirit on two occasions. I loved my cruises on the Carnival line but will be sticking with RCI from now on... I couldn't praise this cruise enough. I was travelling as a group of 3 and we had one of the best holidays. We didn't have to wait too long for cocktails at all. Guests complaining of having to wait for drinks and coffee must be fairly impatient. Yes, on the odd occasion we had to wait 5-10 minutes for a coffee but I didn't have a problem with that. The staff at the coffee shop were always friendly and happy. Majority of staff were friendly and most helpful. Some had their moments but we can't always be farting rainbows. I was amazed at the complaints I overheard whilst in line at guest services and onboard the ship. They were pathetic menial complaints mostly. The staff did very well to remain calm and friendly. Food, food, food - the food was fantastic in the Sapphire dining room. Lots of different options. We purchased the restaurant package for $70 and it was well worth it. Giovannis was a wonderful restaurant and oh my god so much beautiful food. Izumi's was also fabulous. Our waiter was very helpful explaining the menu and making some great suggestions. Chops Grille was also top notch right down to the view from the bathroom. Johnny Rockets was a wonderful dining experience as well. The staff there were always welcoming and upbeat. The little dance they did mid meal was very good. Na even and Johnathon were our waiters in the Saphhire and they were just wonderful. We chose to have our gratuities removed at the commencement of our trip and we gave tips to the individual people whom we wished. Worked out well for all involved. The Ice Spectacular was just that - Spectacular!! The nightly shows were good especially the Aussie Boys Singers. There were a couple of shows that didn't interest us but we just left and did something else. The adults only area was rather busy and people did reserve sun lounges despite the warnings everywhere. We found a great little spot under the wave rider which had the benefit of the music from it and a great position to sit and relax, read a book and look out at the ocean. We managed to have a few spa's throughout our trip. We just chose the least busiest times to do so. There were plenty of activities on sea days from Latin dance classes to pasta making. The big thing I noticed was there weren't a lot of children on board unlike Carnival. The 50 or so kids who were on board were very well behaved from what I could tell.The staff were also a lot stricter on their washing of guests hands in all eating areas which was excellent. No sign of gastro on board from what I could gather. The only negative thing I will say is that they only use long life milk on board which is gross when you're not used to it. We just had our coffees on skim which helped. With that being the only tiny negative Ithink that is great in itself. We will certainly cruise on the Explorer again next year hopefully.

Excellent cruise liner with excellent service

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by LallyTretho73

We will certainly cruise on the Explorer again next year hopefully.
LallyTretho73’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

Cabin was great. Very generous in size. Promenade noise wasn't too loud and room was nice and dark.
Mohammed our stateroom attendant was very friendly and obliging.
  Explorer of the Seas Deck Plans