Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Luzdilaurahuertas

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

This is my first cruise and I decided to bring my 7 year old daughter with me . So it's just the both of us. The first day I checked in and went to lunch we walked around all is fine then we go to our room which is very nice and comfortable (we got an ocean view in the middle of the ship on deck 2) after a few hours my stomach starts feeling weird . I thought that I might be sea sickness but I started to get signs of diarrhea . We kept looking around . Not much to do for kids the pool was freezing cold , they should really get heated pools it was to cold to get in .

After a long day with nothing to do but listen to people talk in seminars trying to get you to buy stuff we go get dress for dinner and my diarrhea kicks in full blast . Ewww tmi i know . So right around the end of dinner I start getting fever my throat feels funny . I took my daughter to a show since she was upset she couldn't go in the pool cause of how cold it was . After the show I was out of it . I had fever a really swollen throat and bad diarrhea . I go to the room I can't sleep cause of how horrible I felt I brought Tylenol and night quil and some antibiotics cause you never know so I'm taking all of this so I don't die .

Next morning I we go to breakfast . The food was horrible disgusting slup of food I have ever seen . Then I find out they have a doctor so I rich to see the doctor . They def don't take medical insurance of any kind so I pay $125 to see the doctor and I'm so dehydrated from diarrhea and vomiting he says that I might have some kind of intestinal infection and a case of tonsillitis . I ask if you can catch tonsillitis so quick and he says yes it can be pretty fast . So he gives me antibiotics for both infections . I'm pretty sure that I caught all of this in the ship . Because I hadn't eaten weird prior to my vacation and I was feeling fine in the morning . .

We get to Nassau and I feel bad for my daughter it's raining the pool is cold and I'm dog sick . The food on the ship is horrible she didn't want to eat anything so we get off the ship do a little scavenger hunt around the jewelry stores . They gave Her a bunch of free stuff so she was happy but the rain was falling so hard the streets started to flood and we are just all wet so we head back to the ship . I take her to the kids club around 2 and head to my room to rest cause I felt like I was going to die . I laid in bed with a bucket next to me cause I'm just throwing up and going to the bath room so I take meds and try to sleep . I pick her up around 7 to take her to dinner cause the only good food was at dinner in the main hall . So I dress her up head to dinner go back to the room to rest .

Sunday March 6 we get to cocoa cay , the sun was out . We had an excursion planed for the aquA park and the all day water slide . We get breakfast my daughter is excited and I'm felling a little better thank god for the antibiotics the doctor gave me . We head out to the island and go to the first part of the excursion . It was horrible the beach was not blue waters . The park was over jelly fish field couple girls got stung I see my daughter reaching to touch one and I yell at her to get away . We swim to the park cause the guy says they won't hurt us . Apparently you need to be in great shape to get on the stupid slides ( I have no upper body strength ) so I couldn't get on anything . I'm just stuck in this cold dark water scared that I will get stung by jelly fish . My daughter didn't have fun at all so we leave early head to the other side of the beach towards the food . We eat . And as soon as we finish we start heading out to the water slide I figure it was all day thing we would have fun but NO we didn't even get to see the slide they started getting every one back to the ship cause the waves are getting to big cause the winds .

We were only on the island for 2 hours . Then when I go complain to get my refund for the water slide they didn't want to give me a refund . This was the vacation from hell . Last time I go on a cruise with Royal Caribbean .

Luzdilaurahuertas's Full Rating Summary

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D2 2104

Great room service

Cocoa Beach

The water was nasty it smelled like dirty lagoon water . Jelly fish swimming around a lot of seaweed and kelp . And I couldn't even get on the ride.

View All 119 Cocoa Beach Reviews
Perfect Day at CocoCay

Horrible . Water smelled like dirty lagoon water . Jelly fish swimming around . Seaweed and kept all over . No blue water . The made us leave early couldn't even partake in the water slide and they made it so difficult to get refunded after the made us go back to the ship after 1 hour on the island

Nassau

It would have been ok if it wasn't raining so much and the streets were flooding ankle high

Luzdilaurahuertas