Noordam Cruise Review

Noordam Cruise Review by jan traveller

• Sail Date: Jan 2016
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

I have cruised with Holland America twice before in America and I was very pleased with this cruise line but that was eight years ago. I bought a last minute special in a verandah cabin and was very excited to cruise again.

Firstly,I would like to say that this ship is very clean and the cabin stewards work day and night to keep the cabin clean.The crew are very friendly and the public areas and bars are well maintained and look quite opulent. The captain always kept us well informed at all times.

The problems for us started when we were shown to our cabin we were very disappointed as the door of the cabin was covered in graffiti! The fold out devan bed was made but could not be pushed down into its hide away position so it was half out! It took days for a engineer to fix as best he could but it never folded in completely.The room was in need of a makeover, the bed was uncomfortable and I had to request a foam overlay and the pillows were very worn so on our first port stop I bought a pillow.

The restaurants onboard are average although we did enjoy the specialty Italian one very much.

Some of the entertainment was good but the overall experience with the singers was very average.

I just can't believe a cabin with graffiti on the window was sold to me!

Unfortunately this was our last cruise with HA.

jan traveller's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VH 5012

Holland America needs to remove the graffiti on the cabin door as it is very unpleasant to look at it for 14 days. Cabin needs an upgrade with new bedding and accessories as it is old and tired looking.Sofa bed needs replacing as the fabric is very worn.

jan traveller