Arcadia Cruise Review

Arcadia Cruise Review by ChesterLocksley

• Sail Date: Feb 2016
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower

I have just returned from 4 nights on Arcadia, Auckland, Bay of Islands, Sydney, part of her round-the-Pacific-and the Americas jaunt from the UK. I had a balcony cabin A13 - on Australia Deck. Very nice.

Spacious, light, tea and coffee making facilities, comfy bed, wonderful room attendant, could not fault it - or perhaps one thing, the print in the picture frame on the wall had slipped in the frame. Nice print - alas badly framed. Irritating.

The crew were all very friendly and seemed to be relaxed and enjoying their jobs. Kid free ship with mainly older passengers so nothing was a hassle. I even used the pool.

The public rooms were sedate, quiet and very relaxing.

I never heard one whinge the whole time I was on board.

I thoroughly enjoyed the food and drinks and the drip coffee in the Belvedere was probably the best coffee I have had on any cruise ship. I did not try the specialty restaurants The weather was mostly good. The TV had a great range of programmes and the pool areas were not be blasted with loud offensive music all day.

After a recent disaster cruise with P&O Australia this four days of bliss with P&O UK was just what I needed to reaffirm my commitment to holidays at sea with that wonderful old company. What a difference a dark blue funnel can make eh ?

ChesterLocksley's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower
Cabin DF A13

Cabin was light, bright, spotlessly clean. Wonderful bed. Air-conditioning that worked the way it should. Tea and Coffee making facilities and and iron and ironing board were delivered to the room for me to freshen up some shirts. Wonderful room attendant - Silvestri.

One silly gripe that irritated me was the nice print, framed on the wall that had slipped within its frame. If it wasn't such a nice print I might not have cared.

ChesterLocksley