• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Adonia Review

Editor Rating
10 Awards

Experiences of a first time cruiser

Review for Adonia to the Caribbean
Paleflier
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2016
Cabin:

Having never done a cruise before, I was unsure quite what to expect. However, I have been generally very pleasantly surprised.

However, I do have some constructive comments and observations.

We were flown out to Bridgetown on Thomas Cook from Manchester. Despite booking well in advance, we could not get seats on the Gatwick flight, so rather than having a one hour trip to catch our flights, I had a four hour drive, and the additional cost of a hotel at Manchester. In the general scheme of things, a minor problem, but one which could have been addressed more effectively by P and O.

Cabin outside

The cabin was well appointed with adequate wardrobe space, and lots of drawers. A flat screen tv was provided. The double bed was comfortable, with a firm mattress. This was excellent. Wilfred, our cabin steward was excellent, and kept the room spick and span, and replenished our teas, coffees, and ice buckets. He even arranged for more coat hangars, and later on in the cruise, extra ice when my wife suffered a sprained knee.

The toilet was a little temperamental, and sometimes wouldn't flush without repeated button pushes. The balcony is small, and private, and the wifi reached it with no problem. There were more than adequate power sockets.

The wifi is decent enough, but prices at 62.50 GBP for 200 minutes.

63 Helpful Votes