3. Voyager of the Seas
Embarkation was chaotic not helped by the fact that everyone seemed to arrive at the same time. Whilst it was not school holidays you would not have known that on this cruise. There must have been hundreds of kids from pre-schoolers to teenagers represented. Of course its great to see so many families enjoying a holiday together. But as the cruise progressed the kids' behaviour became outrageous, totally unsupervised either around the pool or eating their meals it really impacted on those that were subjected to other people's kids running in the Windjammer and around the top deck areas. Most passengers without kids either stayed in the adults only area of the pool or went to their cabin. Thats if you could even come close to getting a chair poolside all were reserved with a towel or other personal effect well before being used. One night in the main dining room some kind of altercation took place resulting in a grown man hurling abuse at a women. His friends held him back from physically attacking her and the aggressor and his party left the Sapphire dining room on level 3. He came back again and things settled down but no one from RCI stepped in or asked him to leave. There was an all out brawl on the top deck the second night of the cruise probably caused from excess consumption of alcohol. At least one cabin was locked down and security stood guard for the remainder of the cruise. The food experience to my astonishment was better in the Windjammer (buffet style) than the formal dining room - the service was very poor, the food was ordinary and as previously mentioned the behaviour of others really spoilt even being there. We did opt to pay extra and went to Chops Grille however whilst the food was excellent and the service better, again the raucous fellow diners including extremely noisy diners and their equally obnoxious children left me feeling like I just wanted to finish my meal and leave asap. I wish room service had been an option. My fellow diners (people I only just met on this cruise) and I have NEVER experienced anything like these antics on another cruise and we had all cruised many times before with RCI and other companies. I know you cannot blame RCI but this was a cruise where people wore shirts saying 'booze cruise'. We were all disappointed in the overly represented number of 'bogans'. And for that reason alone I would be very reluctant to go on another 'budget priced' cruise ever again. On the up side the ice skating show was absolutely brilliant. The very hard working crew, everyone of them, were fabulous - the captain was really funny and he seemed to go to alot of trouble to stay in touch with the passengers and being present on many occasions. The organisation of visiting ports at New Caledonia (Noumea and Isle of Pines) was very well managed and both locations really pretty and we had perfect weather. Like every cruise ship the ability to run up and down the stairs is a real advantage as the wait time is ridiculous when waiting for the lifts. Finally one thing that defied logic was being advised to go to level 3 to assemble for debarkation, which we dutifully did. Then minutes later a RCI usher came down to tell us to go to level 4 to leave the ship. As we had all chosen to utilise the independent option of taking our own luggage off we then had to drag all our stuff up to level 4 - by that stage there was no hope of getting the lift so up the stairs we went with our luggage.

Full Ship With Every Age Group Represented

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Happy mariner

On the up side the ice skating show was absolutely brilliant.

Happy mariner’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

Our balcony cabin was very roomy, well maintained and serviced at least twice per day. the shower stall had a sliding glass door, the bed very comfortable, the sofa could seat 3 people.
Everything we requested either of the cabin staff or room service was provided with efficiency and without delay.
The TV was a flat screen. A kettle and cups were provided to make tea.
Hints: Take an adapter plug if travelling from Oz as it is suited to the US market.
Also take shampoo and conditioner the alternative is using their dispenser in the shower that contains shampoo/conditioner in one.
  Voyager of the Seas Deck Plans