Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Had a good time on the Paradise

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by kermitw67

• Sail Date: Feb 2016
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

This was our 3rd cruise, first on the Carnival Paradise and I must say I really enjoyed it! I was not a fan of the other cruises we have taken. We sailed to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. The embarkation process went really smooth, there were lots of agents checking in passengers. Our room was on the 5th floor, M223 with no window.

- very comfortable bed

- nice size not huge

- robes were provided for everyone in the room

- never heard any noise from other rooms

- BEST shower ever! Always hot right away and stayed that way until you were done

- bed always turned down with a towel animal every night

- clean towels everyday

- beach towels

STAFF

- GREAT

- our waiters were so nice, called us by name every night (8:15 dinner in the Elation dining room)

- the deck waiters were also great, knew what drinks you liked on the second day, also called you by name

FOOD

- I thought everything I ate was great!

- waffles were so good ( but only had them every other day)

SHOWS

- watch late shows and thought they were good

- comedy club was also good

- casino bar band in the lobby were good

I found the ship to be very clean, great staff, great food!

The only thing that was a disappointment was the excursion in Grand Caymans. We did the swimming with the stingrays and starfish point. NOTHING like the pictures or reviews. I understand that is nature and there may not always be a lot of starfish but only to see about 5 was disappointing. The swimming with the stingrays was also disappointing, we got in a big circle (25 of us) and watched everyone kiss the stingray and then watch everyone get their picture taken with it, while the guide held it the whole time. They didn't even bring enough food for everyone to feed it, so I was disappointed with that. I would not recommend this excursion to anyone. After talking with other people about swimming with the stingrays, we were picked the wrong tour.

I would recommend the Carnival Paradise to anyone, had a great time! If you are looking for some fancy ship, with the big slides, huge TV on the upper decks then this is not the ship for you. I don't think it is the "Motel 6 of the Seas", as an above review, though. It was a nice ship and you make how you want your cruise to go, get to know the staff and they will make you feel like you've been friends for a long time.

Thank you staff for all of your hard work!

kermitw67's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6B M225

Bed was great

Shower was awesome

Always had clean towels everyday

Bed turned down with a towel animal every night

Swim with Stingrays

Already stated why in above review

View All 1 Swim with Stingrays Reviews
Star Fish Point

Very disappointing, as stated above

View All 31 Star Fish Point Reviews