3. Norwegian Getaway
This was our second year in a row to Cruise on the Norwegian Getaway. This was our 3rd Super Bowl Cruise with a group of my Brother's co-workers. This year we chose to book a mini-suite again, my husband has to have a balcony. My brother got together with some friends and decided to upgrade to the Haven and upgraded us also. (I know crazy nice!) I had no idea it would be so peaceful! I'm totally hooked! We arrived at the Cruise Terminal via a coach set up for our group. After unloading the luggage and verifying ours was turned over to the porter we made our way up to the terminal. We arrived fairly early for us about 11:45AM. We showed our paperwork to the lady at the door and were immediately taken into a small room down the hall to check in. After getting our cruise cards we were then ushered across the hall to another room to wait. This room had drinks and pastries, cookies etc. for us to snack on. After about 10 minutes another lady showed up and gathered us all up and we made our way upstairs to where everyone else that had checked in was waiting to board the ship. They brought us over to another holding area with couches and more drinks, and snacks as we waited. We were there for only about 10 minutes and then they rounded us all up and away we went to the Haven. Others around us were asking where we were going and why they were taking us first. It was kind of funny, because people get so agitated knowing they were there before us and didn't understand why we got to go first. That is part of the Haven experience! We arrived at the Haven and it was quite packed, but we started talking to others, the bar was open, and they brought sliders with french fries around for us to snack on. The concierge John gave us an overview of the Haven and what we can expect and let us know anything that we needed they were there to help. The Haven is it's own little place in it's self! We were lucky enough to have a room right off of the main lounge, close to the pool, bar, and restaurant. After boarding the Haven I didn't see that many people packed into the lounge again until the day we departed. We had a cabin boy, and a butler also to help us with anything we needed. Everyday the butler made sure we had a bucketful of ice and snacks every afternoon, they constantly asked if everything was okay and if we needed their help. I will be honest since we were in the cabin we were in I really could see no reason to leave the Haven. We did of course because we had the Dining package we went to a couple different restaurants in the evening, attended a bingo game, and watched the Super Bowl on the Big Screen. When we would get down below as we started calling it, I was amazed at the noise level and amount of people around me. The Haven staff is very personal and we just loved their attitudes. They had our names down day 2 and every time I passed the bar they made sure my drink was full and made sure everything was good for us. The restaurant food was great! We never had to wait for a table and they always asked if my brother and his wife would be joining us. The pool itself is tiny, I didn't really plan on getting in it so it wasn't a big deal. Not once did I have trouble finding a lounge chair, even on the sea days. I will tell you our first stop was their private island and we didn't get off of the ship. We counted on 2 hands how many people were on the sundeck that day. We sat and talked, read, drank, and ate without seeing 10 people all day. At the end of the day when people started coming back we were shocked the whole day was gone and we hadn't left the top of the deck. It is costly to enjoy the Haven, but my husband and I were very impressed with the service and peacefulness of the atmosphere. If you want to relax and not have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a lounge chair, the Haven is the place to be. My brother and my sister in-law were also impressed and we have booked the Haven next year on the Escape.

Second Year on the Getaway, First time in the Haven

TexasMuttdogMommy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H5 16126
When it comes to cabins so far on all of my cruises they have pretty much been around the same size. My hubby from cruise #1 has always insisted on having a balcony. If you love to get up and have coffee they have a large Keurig type machine in there for you. There is only one problem that I saw. If you are a large person the toilet is enclosed in glass walls and it is quite tight for you. They had slippers and a robe for each of you which was a nice touch. We enjoyed the balcony and we were next door to my brother and his wife so we wanted to open the door between the two but they wouldn't let us. That was a bummer, but we did sneak and do it anyway for a day.
Deck 16 Suite Cabins