3. Radiance of the Seas
OK, lets get the negative things out of the way. Yes, the ship is due to be refurbished. Here's a few things I noticed: * Scratched and/or frayed furniture in cabins and public areas * Stiff doors and drawers in the cabin * A vague odour in the bathroom and some corridors which I got used to very quickly * A whole seat missing in the cinema * Rust spots on the balcony Sounds bad? Not really. She is due for drydock in May so these are the sorts of things I would expect to see on a ship at the end of its 5-year maintenance cycle. The majority of the ship is in immaculate condition and is very comfortable. The layout is excellent and it's definitely become one of my favourite ships. Service was brilliant in the MDR and specialty restaurants although I thought the Windjammer was a little understaffed. Food was mostly excellent but the buffet breakfast was a little below my expectations. The only negative experience was breakfast in the MDR - slow, crowded and average food. Our stateroom attendants went out of their way for us on a number of occasions and were very friendly. I thought the entertainment staff were excellent and daily activities were well run. I love trivia games and on one sea day there were five spread evenly across the day. The shows in the theatre however were below average. In summary, any minor maintenance issues the ship is suffering are more than made up for by the overall quality of the ship and it's crew. Definitely a ship I will look at choosing again.

Great Cruise on a Great Ship

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by gek

OK, lets get the negative things out of the way.

Yes, the ship is due to be refurbished. Here's a few things I noticed:

* Scratched and/or frayed furniture in cabins and public areas

* Stiff doors and drawers in the cabin

* A whole seat missing in the cinema

* Rust spots on the balcony

gek’s Full Rating Summary