3. Magellan
This was my first cruise, and probably my last. Cruising simply is not for me. Over and above that I have a few grumbles some of which apply as much to a hotel as a ship. The lifts in the Magellan are very slow {very}. And yet half the lifts are not in use or don't work. The crew and all their odds and ends also use the lifts, thus I travelled up and down at various times with, a table, a stack of chairs, and a large trolley. not a good impression. everything about the ship says "hotel" and yet there is no shoe polisher or cleaner. Embarkation at the start of the cruise and disembarkation at the end was fine, but getting on and off the ship for shore excursions was painfully slow. All passengers are issued with a cruise card, which have to be swiped by a crew member, each time you leave or board the ship. In a card wont read or scan correctly the entire queue has to wait. Twice we had to stand out on the quay for well over 15 minutes. It didn't rain, but I would have been furious if it had. The gangway, was, for the most part a narrow single gangway, fixed to a low deck, where the effect of the tide has a dramatic effect on the gangway angle and the height of the ship above the gangway. thus people with crutches and wheelchairs had great difficulty, and to watch some of the people with a whole range of disabilities negotiating the gangway, sideways and having to duck deep to avoid banging their heads at the same time was a depressing sight. Too much emphasis at booking is put on Dress code and formality. Casual is fine and most people seemed happy to be casual except for the odd Formal evening. We had a very pleasant cruise without the need of party frocks and dinner suits.

General Comments

Magellan Cruise Review by marill01

marill01’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

A neat and tidy hotel room