3. Norwegian Star
This was our 11th cruise on our 5th different cruise line (Carnival, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Holland America). We’ve always had a good experience with NCL and liked the itinerary of this cruise, especially visiting St. Petersburg and Stockholm. We flew in from Canada a few days before the cruise to visit around Copenhagen. It’s a beautiful city with lots to see and do so we’re glad we did. The embarkation went very well. Food – the food was great everywhere with lots of specialty restaurants. We went to the Asian Ginza restaurant a few times which had no additional charge and was excellent. O’Sheehan’s Bar and Grill was also included and was good for burgers, etc. The freestyle dining was also a bonus because we could eat when we wanted to, where we wanted to! The desserts were good but one thing I thought was missing were cappuccino machines. They had tea and coffee machines like usual but it’s an extra touch that I think every ship should have (Carnival has them!). Ship – The ship is nice, a little older as other people have mentioned, but I thought it looked good. Very tastefully decorated and the rooms were nice. Ports – the itinerary on this cruise was the best. You can’t get any better for the price that NCL is charging. Entertainment – I only saw parts of a few shows and they are on par with most ships. Summary – Overall, I found the cruise to be very good and the itinerary was great. I don’t know why it has a lower rating - I just got back from a Royal Caribbean and was thinking that this NCL cruise was a lot better in many ways!

Excellent Cruise!