3. Celebrity Constellation
This was the second cruise my husband and I have taken with Celebrity and it was just as wonderful as the first one many years ago on the sister ship Summit. The mattresses are just perfect and the sheets and pillows are luxurious. Once again at dinner I would find myself thinking about the pleasure of crawling into bed later in the evening. We had Stateroom 6000 on the Penthouse deck . Our stateroom was right in the front of the ship and we overlooked the helicopter landing pad. We had great views at all four stops. Even though we had fabulous weather there was a bit of soft movement but it really only enhanced the lull into sleep. This spacious stateroom is over the theater which was absolutely no problem. It was quiet at all times. The only crew member we saw was our wonderful attendant Amelita. The shower in the bathroom was larger than the others we have had. The furniture and carpet appeared new and the colors are lovely. This stateroom is quite a walk to the back dining areas for the 3 meals. But the theater was easy and quick to get to. The public bathrooms were very clean and several had lovely orchids on the granite sink counters. We received a nice carry bag to use on the excursions and were very surprised to see we had chocolate candies at night. No little towel animals though. There is no miniature golf on this ship. No outside big movie screen and no popcorn. No soft ice cream outside by the pools. No picnics or barbecue lunches on the pool decks during the days at sea. The toiletries were luxurious and were provided without asking. Nice. The bathrobes were in good condition as were the towels and washcloths. On the day we stopped at St. Croix it rained in the afternoon and we saw a rainbow right over the front of the ship out of the porthole window - what a lovely surprise and no charge. Another very big surprise was FOX NEWS on the TV. For four evenings we were able to see a full moon over the ocean after our dining time. So lovely and no charge. In our opinion the food was excellent. In the Oceanview Cafe they had stations with a "special" each day. The fresh vegetables were abundant. The fruit was plentiful although we never saw a fresh strawberry but that has been true for several cruises lately. There was an ice cream station in the Oceanview Cafe that was open for lunch, snacks and dinner. We had a 6:00 o'clock reservation in the MDR. This was changed to 5:30. We sat at a table for 8 with four people. After four nights another couple joined us for the remaining evenings and the last evening we had another guest at our table. It amazes me how the ships can put couples together that have similar tastes, opinions and background. We all showed up every evening and enjoyed each other very much. Service from Shane in the MDR was very good as was the choice of food on the menu. In fact, desserts seemed to be better than usual. Staff was very courteous and kind to us. I wasn't too impressed with the shopping on board but I'm not a big shopper so we mostly browsed when the shops were open on sea days. However we did enjoy the Faberge Egg talk. We have seen some of the Imperial Eggs and enjoyed hearing the history again. We did an excursion at each stop. The snorkeling at Tortola was disappointing. The company that took us to Norman's Island did not really cover the basics like we have experienced before. We never did see an abundance of fish or under water life. They eventually dropped us off at the beach on Norman's Island for 45 minutes. The best excursion was the sailing on the America's Cup sailboat when we stopped at St. Maarten. We had a beautiful calm day and a good crew. Too bad we lost in the race. It was a safe and great experience. We had a bit of a wait at the embarkation because of a strong storm that caused an outage to the computers, etc. just as passengers were leaving. Immediately we got a piece of paper with information about the problem and why we had to wait to board the ship. Flavored beverages were brought out and served to us. We still got on the ship with plenty of time to eat lunch and get to our stateroom by one o'clock. Our luggage came later in the afternoon. The sail away was delayed due to a repair so we missed that. When I was walking around the specialty restaurants (and some other areas) I was approached and asked if they could give me a discount on a meal and make a reservation for me? I'm really not interested in eating in these places. This bothered me. Another thing I wondered about was why we could not walk all the way around the promenade? There were big heavy oil cloth covers over the entrance to the covered part of the promenade. We went to almost all of the evening entertainment and most were very good. We enjoyed Travis Turpin and his many singing styles and impressions of Ray Charles, Elvis and other legends. Gary Evans was featured as a guest speaker for "Beyond the Podium" on sea days. He presented very interesting talks and video clips about Alfred Hitchcock and Marilyn Monroe. It was all but impossible to get a comfy pool deck chair near the pool. We do love their huge indoor hot tub pool and the sauna near the indoor pool is wonderful with a view of the sea. All in all it was wonderful to be on another Celebrity Cruise. The ship has an intimate feel to it and is very comfortable.

Took this cruise for the itinerary and Stateroom 6000

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Malyde

Malyde’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

This was a wonderful Stateroom. It has over 200 square feet of space. It's very bright and has an excellent view of the front of the ship. When we were in dock we never looked out at another ship. The shower is larger than usual also. The furniture appeared to be in excellent condition and the colors are lovely. I wish I had a place to post the pictures I took of the stateroom. The mattresses and pillows on the beds are perfect and the sheets are very luxurious.
  Celebrity Constellation Deck Plans