3. Explorer of the Seas
1. I contracted diarrhea on arrival in Noumea, suspect under cooked lamb the night before, seen nurse and was confined to room for 2 days and told by phone I would be compensated 2 days (implied refund) I was then okay but a day or so later it came back and they tried to confine me again and they also told me there would be no compensation at all so this meant 4 days out of my cruise wrecked and I couldn't get to talk to someone of authority, they tried to blame everyone but ship, strange but the lady part of the couple we traveled with also had the lamb but only ate half of it was also sick but not quite as bad, but having cruised before she knew she would be confined to room so kept quiet. I basically never get sick from food and can eat almost anything. 2. Entertainment ordinary at best, adults only pool never had any music at all and everyone we talked to thought the same, that some mellow background music would have been good, also this pools bar closed at 6pm. The main pool had entertainment, like leaving Mystery Island, beautiful day, about 6pm and they put a kids movie on ridiculously loud, talk about atmosphere, and movies were put on everyday at 6pm, I really don't think people were interested, music much better. Other main entertainment I seen was ordinary but I missed the ice show which my wife and friends enjoyed. Farewell parade which was hyped up was atrocious, you would think it was for 3 year olds. 3. The exchange rate on ship was 62c to the dollar which was a ripoff. 4. Pool bars were often under staffed and it took forever to get a drink also there was almost never wait staff around pool taking orders. Our friends have previously been on P&O and Carnival and they certainly put Carnival ahead of Royal, pity they don't have drinks package. I think that its ridiculous that a cruise ship sailing out of Australia uses nothing but American dollars and suspect its a way of price gouging (exchange rate).

Forget Royal Carribean

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by wallarah

3. The exchange rate on ship was 62c to the dollar which was a ripoff.

wallarah’s Full Rating Summary