3. Carnival Dream
This is my first review of any Cruise lines, from the others we have done, I have never felt the need to write a review until now. This is our 3rd Carnival Cruise and while everything was "fine" it just didn't hold up to any of the expectations nor did anything stand out as WOW. Just for past information, this was our 5th cruise. We booked a suite this round and did enjoy the perks of early embarkation and disembarkation. Also, we went with a group of 18 people and two of them were getting married on the ship so we did get to be the first on the ship, which was really fun. The wedding was outstanding and the food and open bar was amazing! After the wedding we got to our room. The suite was fantastic. I do not know if we will ever go back to the regular balcony rooms. So much room in this suite. We even had drawers and cupboards with nothing in them. We got to meet our Steward first thing and his name was Adrian. A very nice man. We had to pick a time for when they were to clean our room. This was new and quite odd from any other cruise we were on. We chose mornings. This worked out fine for most of the trip. On Sea Days if we wanted to sleep in we did not get any room cleaning until that evening and I heard about it from Adrian. He was funny about it but I could tell that it messed up his daily plans since he had to clean our room late. We had early dining in the main dining hall. Our waiters were Neil, JuJung and Elizabethe. All three were very nice and accommodating. JuJung was my favorite. He was very nice and joking with everyone and he made sure he knew everyone's name and called us by the nicknames he made for everyone. He definitely helped make the evenings more fun. The other two were just "fine". Nothing stood out with either of them. The dining experience was exactly what you were to expect, very elegant. However, when the food came, it was all just "fine". Only a couple of meals during the week were outstanding (lasagna and filet mignon). The rest were edible, just nothing too exciting. The other thing that kind of made things interesting was the dress code. The dress code outside of formal nights is always nice polo shirts, no jeans, tshirts, etc. None of this was upheld. People were having dinner in tshirts and shorts. One of the last cruises with Carnival, my husband got turned away and asked to change his shirt for breakfast as he was wearing a sleeveless shirt. This cruise was come as you are apparently. Which was perfectly fine except we packed for what the dress code was on the website. That first night we went down to the Spa to get entered into the drawing for free massages, etc as we always do. We didn't win but it was fun seeing other winners for massages and free money towards massages. We were told that today only would be the best price for the 75 minute packages so we jumped on that one. It was $139 per person and it sounded like a great deal. The massage was great as usual on any of the cruises. Come to find out that same massage was $129 the rest of the week. Kind of irritated me. We did order the "Cheers" package and I am not sure if we will do that again. It was hard getting in at least 5 drinks a night just to break even. Of course other nights we got our moneys worth. While the cheers package was fine, the drink of the day specials that the waiter was carrying around was not a part of it. Nor were the shots in the dining room. Bottled water in the dining room? Nope, that cost extra too. Of course we had to pass on those because it would cost "extra". Even at the delicious BBQ buffet the pop cost $1.95 even though soft drinks were included in cheers. Come on Carnival, stop nickeling and dimeing us. Also, some bars you could order a double drink as it cost $3 more according to the Fun ship newsletter each morning but some bars would not offer it. You would have to pay $3 extra and couldn't include it to your drink with cheers, which was up to $10 per drink. They do need to make sure all bars and wait staff were up to date on what they were promoting. The ship did offer a ton of activities and was a very fun ship, but over all, it was just "fine". Nothing to exciting, the food was fine, the staff was fine, the rooms were fine and the ship over all was just fine. Would I travel on the Dream again? Sure, if it was going to the ports I was looking to go to, but if another cruise line was offering up the same ports? I would most likely choose the other cruise line.

Everything was fine.