3. Celestyal Crystal
Considering the negative reviews I read on this ship, especially for Greece, I was concerned about taking this cruise at all. But my brother talked us into it & I am so glad! It was an excellent way to see parts of Cuba without staying on a resort for a week. It was a very busy schedule - a tour at every port (5) & lasted four hours or more. No lunch was provided as it was so extensive stopping at various spots. But we managed to survive, eating in the buffet when we returned to the ship each afternoon. I enjoyed the stop in Cienfuegos the best; our tour guide was very helpful & informative & kept an eye out for stragglers. We had two 'free' drinks on this tour; one on the rooftop of a fancy hotel, originally owned by one family. Then we stopped at a yacht club for a relaxing hour, with rum punch & a Cuban band entertaining us even with mambo dancing lessons! We compared notes with others & found our guide had been exceptional. We also enjoyed Santiago de Cuba with many stops; our guide was a retired history professor who shared his knowledge of his country's history & was always eager to answer any questions. The ship is older but in constant repair & cleaning. Our stewardesses were very cute & helpful & kept our cabin spotless. The dining room was good some days but not always happy with the choices on the menu. The service was excellent though; everyone was polite & friendly. The buffet was adequate but nothing special. The entertainment was excellent; the dancers were amazing - different show each night. The cruise directory, Danny, is a 'gem'. Hopefully they appreciate him. He can speak 8 languages fluently & was always so personable. Only 'con' review I would give to the tour guide in Havana whose English was spotty & we lost her at one point - taken to a bar that Hemmingway frequented for a free daiquiri. By the time we found the group, there were 4 bus loads jammed inside. We opted to stay outside & sight see. I called her on waiting for slower people at the next stop & was rewarded with a strange look....spoiled an interesting tour. Was glad to return to the ship. Other than that, every other tour guide was excellent & informative. I would heartily recommend this cruise to anyone looking for a challenging busy tour of Cuba before it changes. And what made it memorable for me was sharing it with my brother & his wife. Excellent trip!

Wonderful Way to see Cuba!

Celestyal Crystal Cruise Review by bdh5389@hotmail.com

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: Cuba

Other than that, every other tour guide was excellent & informative.

bdh5389@hotmail.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celestyal Crystal price drops

Being an older ship the furniture seemed tired but clean, twin beds not so comfortable but adequate. Entertainment area with couch by the window was great. Bathroom was always kept clean & fresh. You are asked not to flush toilet paper; no problem - the system is old.
Only drawback was not enough drawers for clothes; I just lived out of my suitcase, other than hanging things, for the week. Plenty of storage for suitcases. nice shelving units.
I was concerned with rocking but other than the last night with a storm - didn't notice much movement at all.