3. MSC Orchestra
Arrived back last Wednesday, only just recovering from an on-board virus that includes a seriously bad cough, it started on day 3. You hear the cough everywhere on board. Judging from past reviews, it seems it is affecting many newcomers on board continuously. The food is awful. Reminded me of bad school dinners. You are also constantly hounded by staff trying to sell you alternatives while you are trying to eat. For instance, fresh orange juice at 3.90 euros each, several glasses on a tray, shoved under my nose 5 different times during the course of trying to eat one omelette! The buffet area is a pandemonium. Very difficult to find anywhere to sit. However, we did find that the buffet was do-able in the evening when other guests preferred the dining rooms. At least then you can pick what you can find that is edible! The alternative restaurant was a glorified sushi bar, so just snacks, no Chinese dishes of substance. None of the staff appeared happy. Some of the staff complained to us and our fellow guests about their various grievances with the company. On the plus side however, the balcony room was large and comfortable, and the ports of call - [the itinerary that attracted us to the cruise in the first place]- were good. Although some of the islands the ship only stayed for a very few hours so time was limited as to what you could actually do. The entertainment was good in the theatre, but the shows were repeated the second week. This cruise has put me off cruising in the future. I have had very good experiences with Cunard and P&O in the last couple of years but at the moment I think that I would prefer to stay in a hotel as at least then you can get out to other places and escape if its bad!

MSC Orchestra Caribbean - DON'T!!

MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by nikki.m.cruise

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom – Aurea

nikki.m.cruise’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Orchestra price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Aurea
Cabin B3 11125
Ok although the metal sides to the balcony rattled at night and kept us awake the first night. It took numerous phone calls to get it fixed.
Xilofono Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins