3. Royal Princess
Princess maintained thier excellent food, restaurant selections, and room service on this beautiful ship. Problems started when I originally booked, the agent indicated we would receive an upgrade as a Ruby member. That didn't happen. Next I discovered on line after my booking that $300 per cabin onboard spending was given. I had to call 3 times to get a supervisor to approve the perk. I also requested a wheelchair for my wife at embarkation. There were some, but very few were available and several people were waiting for them. We never did get one. The ship's elevators are totally inadequate for the number of passengers. Each one says it holds 18 people, 12 people is a crowd. The fact that there is no middle stairs means if you want up or down a deck or two you have to walk 150 yards or more to either end of the ship. The pool area is extremely inadequate, whether it be the fountain pool or the retreat pool. The showrooms are totally inadequate. If you want a good seat go 30 minutes early, if you want a seat be there more than 15 minutes ahead. They have what they call "Princess Live", which is also very small for when they have anything other than Trivia which seems to be very popular. Cabins are small, but adequate. Service was excellent. We had traditional dinning in the Allegro dinning room, which is in the rear of the ship on deck 6, but you must walk on deck 7 from other parts of the ship to get to, which could range from 150-300 yards. The kitchen blocks the middle of deck 6. Princess is trying to get as many people onboard disregarding passenger enjoyment. We cruise once a year, but no more on large Princess ships.

Beautiful Ship, but Not For Seniors

Royal Princess Cruise Review by NCJack

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean

Cabins are small, but adequate. Service was excellent.

We cruise once a year, but no more on large Princess ships.
NCJack’s Full Rating Summary