3. Royal Princess
My son and I went on the Royal Princess last Dec for 20 nights. Some people we liked a lot, some people we didn't. Some people didn't like us. The rest were two faced. I was very disappointed with the food. The breakfasts in Horizon court was the best meal of the day. The other meals in there were very repetitive. I understand for 20 days they can't always have different things each meal, but to have the same things 3/4 days on the run is a bit much. I'm a smoker so most of the time I spent on Deck 17 when I was on the ship. Most days there was always someone moaning about us smoking. One day I took an ashtray to sunbeds and put it on the table, and then the waiter came and told me that I couldn't smoke there. I asked why?? they said they don't make the rules. Later a manager came up and I asked why we could smoke sat on a chair at the table, but not on a sunbed. He said its just in case we fall asleep with the cig in our hand. I told him if he knew the price of cigs, no-one would fall asleep smoking. We had a problem with one of the waiters, so my son and I went to the reception to make a complaint. They said they would deal with it. To cut a long story short, they didn't do anything about it. So I went back down the next day and the first guy had not even written it down. So I went through it all again. Finally they did something about it. I spoke to other people on other cruise ships when we were in port, they all said there was a smoking section around the pool area. Princess should do something for the smokers that r left in the world. We ate at The Symphony 3 times, the 1st time the duck was over cooked, the 2nd the fish wasn't cooked at all, the 3rd time was so, so. I enjoyed all the ports, but most of them we had to be back on the ship early. It was a real shame we didn't have more time on the islands. We were in a mini suite which was fine. We didn't spend much time in the room as I couldn.t smoke. I can count on both hands the number of great staff. I was very disappointed with attitude of a lot of the staff members. When I have been on other ships I found the staff very polite, this time I didn't. I work with the public and sometimes I'm not in the mood, but they give me my money so I can go on cruises. I know staff on the ship work very hard, but that's their job. My son went to have a pedicure at the beauty salon, me being as friendly as I am was talking to all the girls there. a couple days later we were waiting for the lift and one of the girls in front of everyone said to me, why don't u come to the salon and I can get rid of yr upper lip hair. Thank G-d I don't get embarrassed easily, but others might. Before I forget, They put us smokers up on deck 17 and guess what!!! Its right next too the indoor kids club!!

Not as good as I thought it would have been!

Royal Princess Cruise Review by crazysmoker12