3. Explorer of the Seas
As a first time cruiser without having any other shipping line to compare with I would have to say there a few things that could be improved. -Food/Service: Overall the service from all staff was very good, food in the Sapphire dining room was of a good standard, however my husband and a friend both had a slightly rare roast lamb meal and both contracted food poisoning from it, this is known as both were ill for a few days after and my friends husband and myself were not ill at all. If it was a gastro bug (as the staff stated) then one can expect to come down with it when sleeping and sharing a room with our partners. -Safety: Staff need to address the sea conditions and the effect it may have on the family swimming pools, as I had to leap from my sun lounge to rescue a small child who was drowning (2ft under). The next morning the pool was closed when in fact it should have been closed the afternoon before. NB: this ship does not have any Lifesavers. Perhaps a spa could be converted to a water fountain for the small children to use as the pools DO NOT have a childrens wading area that is safe. -Daytime entertainment: The adults only pool would do with some music, maybe just background music. Dont waste your time going to the farewell parade, it is aimed at very young children. Money: this is a cashless ship that use US $, (ships exchange rate 62c, my bank 72.3c, so when asked if you want RC or your bank to do convert, its obvious which way to go.

First Time Cruiser with Some Suggestions

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by jojobrendy

jojobrendy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

well maintained most times.
  Explorer of the Seas Deck Plans