• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

lperkins1420
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Feb 2016
Cabin: Interior

Here is my Carnival Sunshine Review of our Feb 13 sailing 8 day eastern Caribbean-St. Maartan, St. Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk. A little background-this was our fourth cruise and all have been with Carnival. We are gold members. We had 10 people in our group all in the 30 year old range. This was the 2nd and 3rd cruise for the rest of our group, all on carnival as well.

Embarkation-Port Canaveral was the easiest to get into we felt for embarkation. We drove to Florida from Michigan and we were parking our car at the port. We arrived about 10:30am. My husband drop me with our bags off to porters and then he went and parked the car. I waited for him by entrance. We were able to go right in and get checked in and were in Zone 3 for boarding. It was so smooth. Our friends were just behind us and they were in Zone 4 for boarding. We waited until the ship was empty in the holding area and we were on board about 11:45am heading back to have lunch.

I had read the reviews on here about the Sunshine so I had a leg up on what to expect this time. I will get to the good and bad throughout the review.

Interior

Cabin 4D

Our room:

We had an inside cabin #6119. We loved being on the 6th floor. This was as high up as we had ever been. We usually are on Deck 2 or 3. The nice thing about Deck 6 is you are three decks down or less to all the night life and then 3 decks up to lido for day time action. We really liked being on the 6th floor. Our room was right above the liquid lounge. We never heard any noise coming from below but most nights were in the lounge for the action so I cannot say for sure that there was a not a little bit of noise. Our room steward "B" was the best we have had. She was always out and about to see if you needed anything. She was so quick to get our room done while we were out. She was so friendly. We would recommend being in her area of the ship again.

Port Reviews