3. Serenade of the Seas
We had a very good time on this cruise but I attribute it to the group we were traveling with. The Serenade of the Seas is not a ship I would cruise again. The wood is very dark in the windjammer which makes it dark and uninviting. The Casino has two wide open doors into the centrum filling the 6th floor of the centrum with cigarette smoke. The centrum at the fourth floor where the R Bar is located has seating for only about 30 and backs up to guest services, the R-Bar and elevators making it unsuitable for many guests to be involved in the area activities or nightly entertainment. The dining room service was beyond slow. The food was often just warm or even cold when served and the menu was limited. Cabin steward service was outstanding as was the cabin decor and rugs though the ship were beautiful and very up to date. There was an outstanding lounge in the after on deck 6, the Safari Lounge, that could have been better utilized for entertainment, though I understood the reasoning for leaving it open for ballroom dancing. The pool stables were a nice addition. The explorer Lounge was also a great venue. We did dine at Chops and I was disappointed by the service. My water glass was never filled the entire meal after we were first seated. I found this occurrence also on the Enchantment. The smoking area on the pool deck makes it impossible to plate the starboard side of the sea on that deck, with large smoking canisters. Itinerary was very good with a variety of islands at different stages of development. Disembarkation was quite smooth. We had great time but gain I attribute that to the people we were with. This is not a ship I would seek out to cruise on.

Cruising with a Travel Club

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by luvstodance

luvstodance’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Great cabin with sofa lots of space. one cabin adjoining.
  Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans