3. Seven Seas Navigator
This was our third cruise on Navigator and we knew what to expect. Enough has been written about the condition of the ship, but she is going to drydock in March for rehab. I felt the ship was in pretty good shape considering. We booked this ship and itinerary because there really isn't much choice in the small ship market in the Caribbean. We really need the smallest ship possible for our mixed group of 5 including a 92 year old. Even after I booked the cruise I continued to worry myself by reading the mostly negative reviews, but taking them with a grain of salt! It did concern me that at one point I talked to a Regent rep about the reviews, and she stated that they never read the reviews! They stand by their product and reputation and don't care what people write. We had a mostly positive experience and really enjoyed certain aspects of the vacation. Even though tables can't be reserved at dinner, we went at 6:30 each night to Compass Rose and were able to sit at the same quiet table in the back with our excellent waiter Artiyun. We also greatly enjoyed noontimes at the Pool Grill although beverage service was spotty. Most of the time we simply walked to the bar and got our own drinks. The area in which customer service really broke down was the Destination Services situation. I signed us up - including our 92 year old - for shore excursions which were mostly bus tours. However, the walking distances from the ship to the busses was extreme and there was no assistance. It was hot and humid. Even much younger passengers were complaining. There were no golf carts or other assistance. In one port we asked the Destination Services hostess who was actually on the excursion with us for assistance in finding the golf carts (which we had seen around) for travel back to the ship and she stated that they were not her responsibility and she would not help. Finally a fellow passenger commandeered a policeman to have a golf cart come for a few of us with the promise of $20! In another port, the Destination Services staff person who was with us stated it was her first time in this port and she did not know where the restrooms were located, leaving us all with an uncomfortable 1 hour "shopping stop" with no restrooms. In another port, we were told that Regent would not allow their wheelchairs off the ship and the golf carts were not available - then we saw the neighboring Saba ship with many golfcarts marked with their banner, shuttling their passengers to the busses! Finally, the trip to Blue Lagoon to the Sea Lion Adventure was a disaster. We had taken this trip to do the dolphins 2 years ago and it was great. This year, because I knew the walking distance to the ferry was extreme, I sent our 92 year old ahead so he could walk at his own pace while I waited in the lounge for the trip tickets and the tour to be called. I even told the Destination Services staff this was my plan. When the tour was called and I had the three tour tickets, the tour operator would not give me all three wristbands. I had to run all the way to the ferry stop, get my father and husband, and walk them all the way back to the ship to get the wristbands. I almost cancelled the whole affair at that point. Finally about midway back the tour operation acquiesced and gave me the wristbands so I could get my father back to the ferry. At Blue Lagoon, we had about 5 minutes with the sea lions, then spent a very stressful and hectic hour trying to get the photos. It was chaos. When they called the 4:00 ferry I was still waiting in line. My husband told me to just get my money back, but the line at the cashier was too long to even do that. The ferry was overcrowded, and if we had not make it on this ferry, we would have been late to the ship. This is an excursion no responsible cruise line should offer to its passengers. It is indeed unfortunate that these type of experiences tainted an otherwise fairly successful trip.

Met Our Expections, with One Large Boo Boo

Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by lynnmarv1

lynnmarv1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Navigator price drops

Deluxe Suite
Cabin E 717
Cabin was perfect with plenty of closet space and storage. Our cabin attendant Kathlyn was excellent.
Deck 9 Suite Cabins