3. Grand Celebration
When booking this cruise, a friend and I decided on a whim to go for it. We found it on groupon for a very low price and had never been on a cruise before. We didn't even bother to check reviews until the next day. Our expectations were lowered after reading reviews for hours. Fast forward a month and we arrived in West Palm at 11:00. A family member of mine dropped us off and right away we headed inside. The women checking us in was very helpful in all of our 'first timer' questions. We headed to the gate and got our picture taken and purchased the $63 ($76) drink package. I say ($76) because the 18% charge to EVERY purchase is very real. Each ticket covers a drink up to $10.25 and you get ten tickets. Do the math and you'd see that the drink package is very worth its price. Most of the drinks aren't that expensive, the most expensive glass of wine was $9.50, plus the 18% charge. My friend even got away with using a ticket to get a $10.75 martini. Any way, the check in process took only 5 minutes. The crew was a little late letting us on (only about 20 minutes, 12:20ish). We were within the first 20 people on the ship so we were able to get our hands on the food first. With the price we paid, the food was pretty good. I was unfortunately sick the whole weekend with a sore throat and cough so I didn't have much of an appetite. In the buffet, I just snacked on some sad, fruit and bread. Once we finished in there, we headed right outside to the pool and played some corn hole. I kept getting approached by employees to buy Bahama Mamas in these souvenir cups for $14. I kept declining because I'm only 20 and couldn't drink until we left the port. One employee ended up letting me purchase one and allowed me to put a margarita in my cup instead. My drink was VERY strong. Definitely worth it and saw a lot of people ended up purchasing the cups. Before we boarded the ship, we decided to make reservations at Stellar Prime. You could only chose between a 6:30 and 8:30 dinner time, we wen't with the 8:30. We started getting ready for dinner right after we left the port. After being in the room for 15 minutes, we could feel everything rock and started feeling extremely seasick. Our room was on the 6th deck in the very front of the boat. We heard EVERYTHING the boat did, which resulted in very early wake up calls both mornings.. The dinner was good.. Just good, not great. But again, what do you expect when you paid $112 a person? The buffet didn't really appeal to us and didn't really make sense. It had stuff like mexican rice, chicken, meatballs then cole slaw and burgers. It didn't flow. Freeport was just meh. It was overcast so we didn't really lay out on the free beach, plus it was really small. We wondered onto the resort beach and after what felt like a mile of walking, we sat down on some steps to look at our map. An employee came up to us and semi-nicely told us we had to leave because we didn't pay. That night, we went back to Stellar Prime and I really only enjoyed the Pot Stickers and the dessert because my throat hurt so bad. My friends and I went to see the Adult Scavenger Hunt. I ended up participating and had the best time! Out of all the little events they had going on, that one was my favorite. We also saw a show and spent time in the casino and dancing at the rave and the 70's/80's pop rewind. So overall, three first time cruisers between the ages of 19-20, we really enjoyed our time. The ship is clean, drinks were good, hot tub was hot and had really good BBQ on the second day. We made friends with a bunch of the staff and people of all ages!

First Timer

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by ashksor

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas

ashksor’s Full Rating Summary
Get Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line Grand Celebration price drops

Cabin U2
Super clean, but at the very front of the boat, woke up at 6:30/7am each morning because we could hear that we were reaching the port. Also, felt every wave, bumb ect.