3. Serenade of the Seas
My husband and I had a wonderful time on our vacation. It was, after all, a vacation. And while everything was very good, it wasn't Wow. Our cabin, 9520 was good. But the sliding door to the balcony was very hard to move and the outside handle had rusted away so there was nothing except the indent in the door to hold when you tried to open it from the outside. I got stuck on the balcony. So we called for maintenance. They said they couldn't do anything while at sea and in Aruba they would address it. After we returned to our cabin for departure from Aruba, we didn't notice any difference in the door operation. So we called again. This time we requested that they either leave a note or call us back after they worked on the door so we knew they had tried to do something. They actually managed to fix the door, attaching a new handle and doing whatever was needed to make it slide with ease. But there were other issues with the cabin. The doors of the closet didn't align correctly so the door had problems staying closed. The refrigerator could possibly "cool" something to 5F less than room temperature and was more a storage location than a refrigerator. And when I dropped my reading glasses and stuck my head under the bed I was surprised to find dust bunnies, an ear plug, a plastic bag, and... a used Kleenex. Oh... ick. Our main dining room table mates were lovely people. Our conversation allowed us to overlook the assistant waiter having so many tasks to do that bread at times went unfilled or water unpoured. This improved as the cruise progressed and main dining room patrons dwindled for the specialty restaurants. The quality of the food was nice, but gone is the wonderful quality of years past. And please reintroduce to the training that you do not reach over the plate of a patron. We absolutely love the entertainment on ships. And we were thrilled to have Abbacadabra one evening. I had a fantastic time singing along to the show as I watched them recreate some of the drama between the original Abba members. With the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers I quickly found my favorite voice and favorite dancer and it is always a joy to see the product of their craft. The Spa offered a silent auction for some of their services. Having found services in the past overly expensive, I was pleased to find that my bid was accepted for some services so that I could enjoy time there. Our ports were fantastic and our at sea days were lovely.

Very good, but not Wow

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by lenorkrahn

And while everything was very good, it wasn't Wow.

Our ports were fantastic and our at sea days were lovely.
lenorkrahn’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans

• Ziplining
    Canopy Tour - AN71

This was so much FUN! 13 lines to cross. Safety on the minds of all of the staff.

We even had a few octogenarians on this excursion and they all were successful in their zip lining.

Be aware, you will have to hike up a very long flight of stairs to return to the starting point. There are benches you can stop at, but don't be surprised.
    View All 17 Ziplining Reviews
  • Pirate Fun Cruise
    Jolly Roger Snorkeling and Pirate Cruise - BBE6

The weather was not on our side today, but we did manage to snorkel anyway though fins are not part of their equipment and with the water was a bit rough it was a bit harder to snorkel. The snorkel safety briefing by the crew before people went into the water was non-existent. Once in the water, my husband stopped to help a fellow snorkeler who didn't have her snorkel vest on correctly and she was struggling. Also, even when we told the bar tender we did not want rum punch yet because we were going to snorkel, he insisted and poured them out anyway. Though he was lovely and we enjoyed his Pina Coladas after our snorkeling was over, this was not the safest bet on the boat.

Make no bones about it, this is a booze cruise. I was surprised to see children on board. We had 2 birthday girls on the boat and one made it her mission to get so blitzed that she couldn't walk. She succeeded in that mission. It was good to see the crew checking on her often.

It is because of the two safety issues (alcohol before snorkeling, and poor snorkel equipment briefing) that I can not give this a better rating.
    View All 34 Pirate Fun Cruise Reviews
  • Tropical Beach Tour - GD41
    Our tour was lovely, the Fort and history interesting. We stopped to help another passenger who had overturned her mobility scooter on the steep and twisting road up to the Fort. The air conditioning on the bus was not functional, but we just opened up the windows and carried on.

Our beach time was beautiful, with many vendors coming to us to sell their wares. Only those on the tour were at the beach, so it was nice to have our little piece of paradise that afternoon. It also is at a location with a nice bathroom and restaurant/bar if you want to use them. Do not purchase the spice necklaces as they will not pass US customs (as we were forewarned) and if you do purchase one, as I did, to make your cabin smell yummy then it will probably mildew before too many days are passed. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.
    View All 12,457 Tropical Beach Tour - GD41 Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Our sailing was accompanied by dolphins (yeah).

Our lunch was delightful.

The catamaran was in wonderful condition and her crew were lovely. Great music on for enjoying our day in the sun.
    View All 53 Snorkeling Reviews