3. Celebrity Equinox
This was the third cruise on Celebrity for me and my partner. We booked through a G&L agency that places small groups of G&L cruisers on larger ships. More on that later. We booked about three months before sailing, and the agency was able to get us ($1829/each) for a C2 class Concierge class room; the price on Celebrity's site for the same room at that time was in the $2400/each range. I stayed at the Renaissance Cruise Port hotel (my partner met me at the ship - was with family); nothing wrong with this hotel, great location, good rooms; a bit pricey ($240 w tax) but I have Marriott Gold status, so the evening snacks and breakfast are free. I think the Embassy Suites has a slightly better location, and drinks/breakfast are free there. $14 taxi ride to the hotel and a $6 shuttle van to the port in the morning. The worst part of the cruise, bar none, was the embarkation. Apparently there was a combination of a crew customs check and some technical problems with the card scanners - but I have never waited so long to get on board. We were at the pier at 11:30, and seated by 11:45. We did not BOARD until 2:15. It was a very disorganized process, with people cutting the lines, other guests telling them to sit back down, etc. I suppose the only good part was that the rooms were ready when we got on board. The cruise itself was excellent. We ate every dinner in the MDR. I would say 1 dinner was a miss, two were OK, and the rest were excellent. Our waiter was a bit obsequious, you were often afraid to say everything was not perfect, as it seemed he would get everyone up to the chef out to make it right. There was never a problem getting the wine steward; the assistant waiter was excellent. The highlight was the guys at our table; the G&L group we were traveling with placed us at an 8-top with a really nice group of men. It makes a real difference to look forward to your dinner companions. The excursions were good. The train ride around St. Kitts was interesting, but perhaps not worth the $100+ per person; the Henderson's Cave in Barbados was excellent. We did beach trips on our own on St Thomas and St Maarten; very enjoyable. Equinox has an excellent gym; I used it daily. The gym staff was rather distant and uninterested. But I didn't need their help. The agency that we booked thru was great. They planned several parties during the cruise, as well as group excursions, and tours of the ship (galley, bridge). Disembarkation was fine. One of my pieces of luggage was missing, but it was found quickly in the "no tag" area. Next time I'll make sure the tag is better attached. I think we left the ship around 9:15 and were at our taxi at 10AM. Note - in Ft Lauderdale taxis are much cheaper than any transfer. Celebrity offered transfers to FLL at $14/person; at the dock shared vans were $11/person. The taxi for two of us, with tip, was $15. And it was private. Overall we had a great time. Of all the Celebrity ships we have been on, the Equinox seems to have the most friendly crew; there was no "decay" in staff friendliness from day one to day 10. We've cruised out of FLL twice and once out of Puerto Rico. I would note that FLL tends to have older, more sedentary cruise passengers, and PR had a younger, more diverse international passenger makeup.

Another Enjoyable Cruise on Celebrity

agerber’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C2 1108
We've been in suites before, so this long narrow cabin did seem a bit claustrophobic. The cabin is right next to some of the larger suites, and this means the balcony is easily 2x the size of a regular C2 balcony, so that is a big plus. Very convenient location right off the aft elevators and library, but no noise issues. Everything worked great, plenty of hot water, good lighting, TV was fine.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins