3. Serenade of the Seas
We love RC. We have traveled on them extensively. This trip was a little disappointing. The rooms were in need of a little TLC, Room 8020. Curtains on the bottom of the slider door were none to clean. It seems like since the tips are taken out automatically there doesn't seem for anyone to go out of their way to do much of anything. Our waiter and assistant waiter hardly ever spoke to us until the next to last night. Then it was to tell us to make sure we gave a good rating on the survey. I think we spoke to the room attendants twice in the whole 10 days that we were there. Very unsual for us. I let them know the minute we booked the trip that I had to eat Gluten Free. Everything is clearly marked on the menu in the Main Dining Room. You usually pick the night before but there is always something that you can extra order if you are hungry that night. My waiter did not really understand about GF and actually put a desert in front of me one night and told me "to eat around the desert". I had to ask for the Maitre D at that point. Another night I ordered eggplant parmesan and it was so salty I had to send it back. On a good note...if you like escargot you can order it every night. There GF bread is exceptional. If you like lobster and used to be able to order it every night if you wanted it....no longer. You now have to pay $29.00 and an extra tip for them to deliver it in the Main Dining Room. People were not happy with this. If you are a Diamond Member I would suggest looking up what RC gives us free. It is amazing. You can go to the Diamond Member Club and get certain free drinks every day. You can eat breakfast there if you don't want to go anywhere else. Nothing for GF...sorry. You can $40 Internet free for both of you if you are traveling with someone. I don't suggest it buying a package because it is by far the worse internet I have ever seen on a ship. If you go into the Spa to sit on the chairs don't plan on putting towels there early and never coming back. People want to sit in there and there is a new sign that says 30 minutes gone and your items will be taken off the chairs and put into Security. We actually saw some nasty scenes with people who looked like they were going to fight over chairs. I thought the entertainment on the ship was the best I have seen on any ship. All in all the ports are great. We took some lovely tours from the ship.

Gluten Free Traveling on The Serenade of the Seas