• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

OhioGirl
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2015
Cabin: Garden Villa

On Saturday, November 14, 2015, my wife and I traveled with a group of family and friends (38 of us total) on a 7 day cruise aboard the Norwegian Jade. This trip had been in the planning for over a year and a half.

A little back ground, my wife and I are both Platinum Latitude Members. This was our fifteenth cruise with NCL and our 42nd overall cruise taken over the years. This was our second sailing on the Jade. We booked the Garden Villa 14500, because the group we were traveling with was celebrating a myriad of "milestone" events: one 70th birthday, three 60th birthdays, one 16th birthday, one wedding anniversary and one recent marriage. Our group, before embarking on the Jade, spent $41, 401.70, just on the cabins, which included the aforementioned Garden Villa, 7 mini-suites, 5 balconies, 2 ocean view, and 1 inside cabin.

One month prior to our sailing group co-ord contacted us to find out what we had chosen to spend our group amenity points on. We stated that we wanted 2 cocktail parties! (we had been informed by our PCC that with the number of cabins and dollars spent, we would receive/or could choose 2 cocktail parties, and still pick additional perks!) In reality, what we were told and what we actually had to fight to get, caused a lot of stressful phone calls and emails! This added a lot of anxiety and distress to my wife. ..someone from group emailed us by mistake a series of emails describing our group as a "NIGHTMARE!" Please note that once the associates realized their email had been sent to my wife, , it was removed, but not before it was seen and saved!} This began a series of events that would go wrong, once we arrived in Houston, and continued through our entire 7 days on the Jade.

Garden Villa