3. Disney Magic
This was the first cruise my wife and I had done since our Honeymoon 18 years before. First cruise for our children ages 15 and 11. Embarkation: We showed up at our designated time which was 1:00pm. No crowds. Check in process was done in 5 minutes. From arriving at the cruise terminal to eating lunch at the buffett was a total time of 30 minutes. Debarkation: We chose to keep our bags and check out on our own. We were off the boat by 7:20am and off to the airport. Cabin: I was concerned that one cabin would not be enough space for our family based on my previous cruise. The cabin was more than sufficient and very well thought out. Split bathroom was a godsend. We booked late so the family balcony staterooms were sold out. We had the standard balcony stateroom and it was just fine. Read a few recommendations prior to cruise that I appreciated. We generally sleep with a fan and the room is very quite. Downloaded a white noise app and it was perfect. Bring a night light and plug it in bathroom. That was if someone needs to get up in the night they can find their was around without disturbing anyone. Bring a multi USB charger for your devices. Purchased one with 5 ports since outlets are limited. Worked great. Was able to charge phones and other items easily. Food: Dining Rooms were excellent. Service and food were great. Perfect portions. Had one appetizer that I did not care for. Server noticed and brought me something else without me asking. Really enjoyed the rotational dining. Felt like a new experience every night. Entertainment: The shows were fabulous. True Disney quality (after all they are an entertainment company). Pools: Childrens pools were crowded and my son never swam. He did find a time later in the day when he was able to ride the slide continuously and did so for about 2 hours. Wife and I spend day at sea near the quiet cove pool and it was great. Never crowded. I could see how a couple could take a disney cruise and essentially excluded themselves from children if desired. Activities: Daughter never participated but 11 year old son did use the Edge Club (tweens) for the day at sea and really enjoyed it. We are not parents who send kids to clubs to have alone time. He was able to come and go as he pleased and made friends quickly. Shore Excursions: Castaway Cay- Absolutely fantastic. ( I wish I could just book a flight there and stay) Highlight for son and I was to snorkel. Spent 3 hours out there. Saw thousands of tropical fish. Sea Turtles and Rays. The sunken boats and submarines and hidden Mickeys were incredible. Food was pretty good. A step above quick service Disney Park food but not the level of the ship. Nassau Bahamas: We elected to take the aquaventure at Atlantis excursion. We were REALLY looking forward to it. Not the best experience for me. It was a school vacation week and I anticipated crowds but this was beyond that. Resort seemed full (and it is enormous) but there were 5 cruise ships in port including two mega ships. Everyone descended on Aquaventure. Inner tubes are required for much of the slides and lazy river. There was such a shortage that people would rip them out of your hands if you got off for a second. Really unpleasant but at $177.50 per person I could see why patience was wearing thin. Dd luck out early afternoon when a squall came through. While it was pouring we were able to snag some tubes and hit the slides without too much hassle. Lastly I would point out that Atlantis is essentially a cashless resort. We were advised that Nassau had some crime in town (not atlantis itself) so I elected to just bring cash and no other valuables. Figured if I got robbed it would just be cash and nothing else. Problem was I was left without the ability to get a locker for our clothes and backpack and could only use the quick service snack bar. No bars accepted cash. A greater clarification about the need for a credit card at Atlantis would have been appreciated as the excursion explanation indicated Cash or Credit. Value for Money: Tough call as I do not have enough experience on other cruises to make a comparison. It was the best vacation we have every taken. Pricey but everything was spot on.

Disney Knows How To Do It

Ages 10 to 12
Get Disney Magic price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 05B 6550
Was concerned about the size prior to the cruise. It was well thought out and we did not lack anything. Really enjoyed it.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins