Emerald Princess Cruise Review
1,737 Reviews

Sad to see Princess is no longer the best cruise line.

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by DIOHIO

• Sail Date: Jan 2016
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Traveled on the Emerald from Jan 30th-Feb 6th of 2016. This was our 4th Cruise with Princess and don't think we will sail with them again!! Menu was the same thing night after night with some sort of FISH fixed 50 different ways. Main dining which should be special took for ever to get our food but after the 3rd night there was nothing to look forward to. Starters were always shrimp, only one pasta (I ate that for 4 nights in a row with the same country chicken). Horizon court for breakfast, had to sit on a lawn chair because no seating!! Spoiled meat at lunch time. Burnt (brittle) bacon and running eggs for breakfast. Use to walk around on the last night with the baked Alaska, now they just serve you a slice.

On the elevator going to Captain Circle special event, a woman standing next to me said I bet he doesn't show. She said this captain never does. She was right he didn't. Need tokens for the laundry mat. It was out on all the floors from day ONE. You had to leave your items sitting in the washer and go to customer service to get your tokens and then walk all the way back to do your laundry!

If you are celebrating a special occasion, it used to be the balloon would say that, now everyone just gets the same thing. 2 friends with us won Spa/Salon gift cards. Tried to use them on their hair, could not, only on the high price Spa. Most of the activities are booked to close together. We missed many because when one would end the others started at that time. By the time you were out and on your way to the next activity it was already full. Service to our room was good.

Bus tour for sixty dollars in St. Marteen was boring, just rode and seen nothing, that was after waiting in line 45 minutes in the hot sun to get on the bus. Zip Lining in St. Thomas was worth every penny. Helicopter ride in Grand Turk was nice. I guess if I had to sum up what I seen on the ship is it looks like everything was done trying to cut cost and save money. I think this is because Carnival bought Princess. The night show in the Theater were poor, cheap entertainment.

They need to wake up !! People go on cruises to feel special, be treated special and live like they normally don't all the other days in the year. I talked 4 people into trying Princess. I feel so bad because I bragged it up and that was not what they saw or received. Disembarkation was bad, our ship docked at a different location than when we had set sailed. We were parked over in the other area, had to keep asking how we were suppose to get over there. No one had an answer. Finally after pulling our luggage off the ship we had to reload onto a bus, drive over there and unload our luggage again!! Very, very disappointed.

DIOHIO's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BE B239

Cabin was serviced, and he was friendly.

St. Maarten

waited for 45 minutes to get on bus, drove around and seen nothing!

Grand Turk

It was nice, could have lasted a little longer and the 3 biggest people were stuffed in the back seat.

DIOHIO